Miraculous Ladybug: 49

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Marinette asked, turning to Adrien. There, I didn't stutter again. Am I really getting over Adrien?

"Marinette, I... I don't know where to start, but I just wanted to say..." Adrien took a deep breath. "You don't have to hide your secret anymore... At least from me..."

Marinette frowned. "My secret? What secret?" What is he talking about?

"The thing is... I know you told me not to look yesterday, but I did... And now..."

"I told you not to what?" Mariette folded her arms. "Adrien, if you have something to tell me, can you at least make it sound easy for me to understand. I don't know what I told you not to look at yesterday."

Oh right. She doesn't know I'm Cat Noir. That's why she's not getting it.

"Uh... Well when we were fighting Vex, your earrings were telling you that you were going to transform back..."

"Hey, Marinette."

Marinette turned to the other voice behind, her heart beating fast. Adrien knows I'm Ladybug?! He said "transform back" so he knows. But how?! Is... Is he Chat Noir?

"Marinette?" Lucas looked at her. "Um... Sorry to be interrupting, but I need your help now."

"Now?" Adrien gritted his teeth. "We're kinda busy here "

"Again, I'm sorry. I needed help with some of my homework, but the teacher told me that Marinette could help, since she's the best student she's got. I was hoping if you could help me?"

"Sure," Marinette said. "Just wait until I finish my conversation with A-Adrien." Great! I stuttered again. But that's because I'm nervous.

"Sure thanks," Lucas ran off, waving.

"Hey, Adrien, five minutes is up," Nino exclaimed coming behind them.

"Really?" I don't know if Marinette got what I was trying to say, but I guess I got to go now. "Okay. Bye, Marinette."

"Right. Bye." Mariette watched as Adrien followed Nino away, out of school. Then she dropped to her knees.

He knows. Adrien is Chat Noir, and he knows I'm Ladybug. Ahhh... For some reason I'm happy but mad.

"Hey, Marinette." Marinette suddenly felt a tug on her hair. She grabbed the hand of whoever had the guts to tug on her hair, and found Chloe.

"Chloe, what are you still doing here?" Marinette asked. "It's not like you to stay after school."

"Yeah, so I bet you know the reason why I am still here," Chloe angrily said.

"Oh right, Adrien," Marinette sighed as she got up. "Listen, when I told you not to cling onto Adrien, I was serious."

"SHUT UP!!" Chloe yelled, raging. "Just shut up! I'm tired of this! I'm tired of working so hard just to get Adrien to notice me, while on the other hand, you're doing nothing but Adrien still notices you..."

"Chloe, maybe you should try being nicer..."

"I tried that!!" Chloe yelled. "I was being nice to you!"

"Then why weren't you being nice to Sabrina as well?" Mariette asked. "Did you know that if you had been nicer to Sabrina more than you had been nice to me, Adrien would have at least noticed you. It's Sabrina who you should be nice to, not me. I don't need your fake niceness."

Chloe stopped. "So you already knew?"

"Adrien even knew too," Mariette exclaimed. "Nino, Alya and Sabrina as well. We all knew you were pretending being nice to me. You made it look so obvious. Adrien doesn't like those kind of girls."

"Well then help me," Chloe begged. "It's not like... It's not like you care about him. Help me get him to notice me some more."

"I... I can't."

"Why?!" Chloe screamed. "Why can't you help me!! Oh right, because you like him as well?! Marinette!"

Me and Adrien know who each other are now, and I just... I still like him.

"Marinette!!" Marinette suddenly felt hurt against her cheeks as she fell to the floor. Chloe had slapped her.

Chloe bent down towards her. "Marinette, if you don't help me...

I swear I'll make your life a living hell!"

- Edited -