Miraculous Ladybug: 43

"Well," Alya walked closer to Ethan. "Aren't you going to tell us?"

"Tell you what?!" Ethan backed away.

"Don't act stupid! Tell us why Lucas wants to be a villain," Alya explained. "Back there, you guys had some sort of an argument and he was blaming you for something."

"It's nothing," Ethan looked down. Now that I think about it, it is my fault. I'm the one that made Lucas feel this way, and now because of me he wants to hurt others.

"This isn't nothing to me," Nino spoke. "This is a pretty big deal."

"I don't have anything to do with Lucas!" Ethan yelled.

"Shh, calm down and lower your voice. The villain might hear us," Alya warned, placing a finger on her lips. "It's fine if you don't want to tell us, but let me just tell you. You might feel better after telling some few people."

Ethan looked down. He didn't want to look up and look in their eyes. He didn't want to see what their faces would be like after he finished the story-disgusted.

There was silence for a few minutes. Neither one of them spoke, and none of them planned to.

Then he finally made up his mind and looked up.

"It was a school day. A normal one too. The one where me and my buds would hang out and try to find others to pick on. I know that sounds mean, but I've changed, I swear..."

Jim picked up a piece of chocolate and threw it at Adam. Adam caught it in his mouth. "Again!" He urged.

I looked around and saw the guy walk inside the cafeteria. He looked lost, lonely, but back then all I cared about was having fun with him.

"Hey look over there at that weird guy," I pointed, and my buds looked.

"So?" Jim didn't look at all impressed or pleased. "What's with him?"

"He's new here. Why don't we order him around and have fun with him while we still can."

"That doesn't sound so bad," Adam was already getting up. "Hey, new kid. Over here. Come sit here!"

The new boy looked at Adam, then started walking towards their table slowly.

"Sit down kid," Jim ordered. "We just wanna talk to you."

"Hey," the kid sat down. He looked happy, as if we were agreeing to be his friends, "did you know Ladybug and Chat Noir defeated another villain?"

"Duh... Of course. Everyone has been talking about it," I pointed around.

"I don't know, but that villain was kinda cool. He had cool powers, I wish I was him," the kid looked at us with big eyes.

"You wanna be like a villain?" Adam removed one of his shoes and threw it at him. "You don't show any respect for Ladybug and Chat Noir. They work hard just to save your butt, and you'd rather be on the villain's team?"

The kid picked up the show and threw it back at Jim, which he caught. "I'm just saying. The villain was cool. I want to have powers like him."

We all gritted our teeth in anger. Here was a guy that would rather be a villain than a superhero. We just felt like it was unfair that he would be on the villain's team rather than thanking the two superheroes that worked hard to keep him safe.

"Hey, what's your name, kid?" I asked.

"It's Lucas," he answered. "And don't be angry. It's just my opinion."

"Well Lucas," I came closer to him. "You've just met three new enemies!"

He looked at us in fear, then ran away from us, forgetting his lunch.

Everyday we would remind him that he was an enemy of ours. We would do stuff to him that he hated, like pushing him against the locker.

But then one day he didn't come to school. We thought he was probably just being scared of us. But for the next two weeks, he didn't come.

When I went and asked the principal where Lucas was, he said,

"Lucas has moved to another school. He said he was being bullied and hated it so much, but he refused to say the names of the people bullying him.

"Also, Lucas told me to tell his class that... He would come back for revenge one day!"

-

Ladybug puffed and huffed as she finally reached the school. Chat Noir landed behind her.

"Heard there was a new case here," Chat Noir spoke." Now I see why."

Ladybug nodded, then went back to the hiding spot her friends were hiding in.

"It's Ladybug!" Alya exclaimed. She stood up and gave Ladybug an unexpected hug. "We're so glad you're here. Our friend, Nino needs help."

Ladybug pretended to gasp at Nino's frozen leg, as if she hadn't seen it before. "That villain has definitely gone too far!"

Chat Noir came behind her. "It's time to defeat him once and for all!!"

- Edited -