Miraculous Ladybug: 19

"L-Lucas?" Marinette looked down as Lucas slammed his locker and looked at her.

"What?!" Lucas asked angrily. "Here to make fun of me about what happened?"

"No, no, I'm not like that," Marinette quickly explained. "I-I just came here to... Ask a question." Or a few.

Adrien closed his locker and looked around, then his eyes caught Marinette talking to Lucas. What?! She still hangs out with him? But hasn't she realized that he's dangerous? Is it that she really does like him and can't let go of him?

"Eh... You know, about our presentation..." How do I put this without hurting his feelings or reminding him he was Vex? "You kinda disrupted it before and the teacher postponed it. I was wondering if you're still up for it." If he says yes, maybe I'll get a chance to ask him a few questions about his past.

"No, I quit!" He gritted his teeth and eyed Marinette a few times. "I don't want to do this stupid project!" And he ran off, leaving Marinette with a  shocked face.

"What did you tell him that made him so angry?" Marinette turned around to see Adrien.

"I... I don't know, I just asked him a question." Marinette shrugged. "Asked him if he was still up to the project and he said no." Marinette looked down, and then realized something. This is the first time I've said a sentence to Adrien without stuttering. Wow, am I getting over him?

"Oh, I see. He must still be mad about the whole Vex thing," Adrien shook his head.

"Yeah." Suddenly it seemed like Marinette was more eager to leave than to stay and talk to Adrien.

"Excuse me, I got to go." Adrien watched as Marinette left. Why does this feel familiar?

Marinette got outside. The rain is pouring heavily. She looked up as the rain poured down on her face. Then she ran down the stairs of the school and headed home.

-

Marinette tried the lock again. Why is the front door locked? She knocked a few times more. It seems like Mom and Dad aren't home? Why didn't they warn me? It's pouring out here!

Marinette started walking around. I'm hungry, she decided after hearing her stomach rumble. Hmm, I have a few bucks in my backpack. Maybe I can go and buy an evening snack.

Finally settling on the idea, she turned her feet around and started walking away from her home.

She ended up in a small cafe, and bought what she needed, then she ate hungrily.

I'm feeling sleepy all of a sudden. I'm full, but sleepy. What should I do? I can't just walk around, asking people if they could take me in. And I remember Alya telling me she would be away with her family until early in the morning.

She sat down on a bench in the park she had visited before with her friends. Before she knew it, her eyes closed.

-

Marinette? Adrien walked closer to make sure he wasn't just seeing things. Sure enough, Marinette laid uncomfortably on the park bench, her eyes closed.

Heh, what should I do? I can't just leave her here, but it would be weird to take her away like that. People are watching.

Hmm, I know what to do!

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll update today again. Thanks for reading.

- Edited -