Miraculous Ladybug: 34

"That was some crazy party, wasn't it?" Alya asked as they entered class. Marinette nodded, sitting down.

Oh, it was crazy, alright.

A lot of students were talking about the party now. Sometimes Marinette could even hear people talking about her, telling each other how she had worked hard to save Chloe's butt when she got captured.

Obviously Chloe didn't like any of this. She stomped her feet, telling people to stop talking about it, but none of them would listen to her.

Come on, after all that, I bet Chloe has given up trying to fight me, Marinette told herself.

Chloe took her seat, fussing over everything that had happened. Sabrina then came in and took her seat next to Chloe. She tried not to make eye contact with the girl next to her, but she could see from the corner of her eyes, Chloe glaring deeply at her.

Sabrina knew Chloe was angry with her, after all she had disobeyed her at her own party, but why couldn't Chloe just understand that she wanted to be free.

"I'll get you and Marinette later for this," it seemed like that was what her eyes were telling Sabrina. At first she backed away a little, but then it started to annoy her.

"Can you stop looking at me like that?" She asked. "If you need an autograph, just ask me." She smirked, seeing Chloe's face.

Everyone around laughed at what she said. Chloe looked at her in surprise.

"Sabrina... You... You!" Chloe stood up and ran out of the classroom, tears in her eyes.

Sabrina suddenly felt bad. Had she gone too far with disobeying Chloe? Had she really hurt Chloe, her best friend?

"Chloe, wait," Sabrina stood up to run after her, but Adrien stopped her.

"Leave her to calm down a bit. She might do something horrible to you if you go now."

Sabrina nodded and sat back down. I'm sorry, Chloe. I didn't mean it.

-

"Mom, I'm home..." Sabrina called out. She noticed her Mom in the living room, making a call. Oops, better not disturb her. She hates it when I interrupt her while she's making a call.

Sabrina headed to her room, the tiny room with her tiny bed inside, but before she could make it farther, her Mom called her inside the living room.

"Sabina, I just got off the phone with Chloe's father," her Mom explained as Sabrina sat down, "and I must say that I am most definitely not proud of you."

Chloe made her father call my mom to tattle on me? How could she?! I was going to apologize anyway.

"Sabrina, how could you do this?!" Her Mom asked. "After everything she has done for you, and you're still not grateful?  Sabrina, she's the only reason we're living healthy and safe in this house. Without her family, we would have still been going outside, selling our stuff just to get money!"

But everytime she makes fun of me. She'll be like "here, I'll give you this cloth because I feel bad that you're the poor one here," or she'll say something like, "since you're poor, I'll give you the dresses I don't like anymore. They could be treasures to a poor thing like you." Now, I suddenly don't regret ever disobeying her. I'd rather go back on the streets than work for her.

"Sabrina, I want you to go over to Chloe and make things right with her," her Mom instructed. "Remember her father is the Mayor, they could do things to us that we don't like."

"Okay Mom, I understand. I'll go right now." Sabrina stood up and left.

Chloe is not easy to get along with, and she is certainly not the kind of friend I'd want my daughter to have, but she's our only hope now. Sabrina would have to have a good relationship with her for us to live good.

Sabrina walked out of the tiny house. Dang you, Chloe. Now I suddenly want to kill you. You're the curse I can't drive away in my life.

But you'll see, one day I'll drive you away, and then I won't have to deal with you anymore.

- Edited -