Miraculous Ladybug: 23

"Where were you?" Alya asked as she walked up to Marinette. "You are half an hour late for lunch."

"Sorry, I had to take care of something," Marinette explained. "I just picked up a little something for Sabrina."

"You bought Sabrina something?" Alya gasped. When did Marinette start taking interest in Sabrina? Is Sabrina her friend now?

"Here, wait for me." Marinette walked up to Sabrina, who was sitting alone at one end of a table, while Chloe sat at the other end.

"Go away, she doesn't want to see you," Chloe quickly stood up, as if protecting Sabrina from a monster.

"I just wanted to give her something," Marinette explained. "I'm just gonna hand her this bag."

Chloe felt like she could kill her right now. I can't believe it! Is she trying to show that she can be a better friend than me by giving Sabrina some few stuff? I won't let her! First Adrien, now Sabrina. This girl is trouble.

Marinette pushed the bag towards Sabrina, but Chloe grabbed it before Sabrina could even each for it.

"I said she doesn't want to see you!" Chloe yelled, throwing the bag away. "Right, Sabrina?" Chloe turned to Sabrina and glared at her. "Right?"

"Right," Sabrina muttered. She looked up at Marinette, and Marinette was so sure that she saw a little smile, before Sabrina bent down.

"So take the stupid bag and go!" Chloe folded her arms. Sabrina was smart to be on my side now, or else I would have abandoned her on the spot.

"I'm not gonna take the bag, Sabrina can have it. But if she doesn't want it, then you can just throw it away." Marinette said, before walking back to Alya.

No Marinette, just take the bag with you. That's money wasting if you leave it here. You know Chloe won't let me have it. Sabrina tried hard not to burst into tears. Here's someone that's trying to be nice to me, and Chloe isn't allowing it. She doesn't care about me! She just cares about what she wants and how she's going to get it.

Chloe picked up the bag and threw it at Marinette. "You think I was joking! I said take the bag away, Sabrina doesn't need it. Sabrina doesn't need you!"

Adrien turned to what was happening. "Since when did Marinette start caring about Sabrina's needs?"

"Since Sabrina stood by her side," Nino answered. "I overheard Chloe yelling at Sabrina about how she can't receive anything from Marinette. That girl can be a brat."

"What's in the bag?" Alya asked Marinette, as Marinette sat down, ready to eat her lunch.

"Well, it's...

"Mom, Chloe is throwing a party next weak, and I saw this beautiful dress at this store," Sabrina said excitedly. "Do you think you can buy it for me? I want to show Chloe that I can dress as pretty as her."

"Sabrina, you know we don't have enough money to afford a dress. Just burrow a dress from Chloe."

"But Mom..."

"Sabrina please. Until we have enough money, just keep borrowing clothes from Chloe like always."

"Yes Mom," Sabrina covered her eyes and started walking away.

"You bought her a dress?!" Alya whispered.

Marinette smiled. "I did, but not the dress she wanted. I just bought one that would match to her likings but it wasn't as beautiful as the one she pointed at."

"That's really sweet, but why?" Alya folded her arms. "Don't forget that Sabrina is Chloe's friend, and your enemy."

"But does Chloe even treat her as a friend?" Marinette asked, then took another look at Sabrina's way. Now Chloe was talking to her, and she was nodding her head off. "I feel bad for her. I want her to find better friends!"

"Hey."

"Gahhh... Adrien, what are you doing here?" Marinette asked, turning to Adrien who had walked to their table.

"Can you give me the bag?" Adrien asked.

"Why?" Marinette held the bad tighter, looking at Adrien, confused that he would ask for the bag.

"I can put it in Sabrina's locker if you want, then that way she will receive it without Chloe having to stop her."

Marinette stopped gripping on the bag. She calmed down and looked at Adrien, mesmerized by his kindness. "You saw the whole thing?"

"Yeah, and it's just unfair, you know, so I wanted to help," Adrien shrugged. It's just that Marinette is so nice to even think about buying Sabrina something. I just want to help her, and not make whatever in the bag go to waste.

"I... Okay," Marinette handed the bag over to Adrien, who smiled and walked out of the cafeteria.

What was that all about? Why did Marinette give the bag to Adrien? Chloe groaned. I knew Marinette liked him and wanted to get me out of the way by giving me a fake advice. Now the two of them are getting closer to each other. I gotta do something!

-
Hmm, I wonder what Marinette got for Sabrina. Adrien peeked in the bag. A dress? I remember when Sabrina would always ask Chloe for a dress, but Chloe only gave her the non-pretty ones. Marinette is so nice.

Adrien walked up to Sabrina's locker, then pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. He got out a pen he got from Nino, and wrote...

From: Marinette

To: Sabrina

Sabrina, here's a little something you have always wanted. Hope you like it.

Adrien taped the paper on the bag, and dropped the bag by Sabrina's locker.

It's okay Sabrina...

... Someday you'll find a better best friend...

- Edited -