Miraculous Ladybug: 50

"You can't!"

Chloe backed away in surprise. "What did you just say?!"

"You can't!" Mariette repeated. "You can't do that! I can't make Adrien fall for you, it's his choice whether he likes you or not, and so far you're not doing a very good at it."

"Marinette..."

"You can't force me, Chloe!!" Marinette yelled. "You're not the only one who's desperate! You just have to catch Adrien's attention by yourself, while I do my own."

Marinette stood up in anger.

"BUT HE LIKES YOU!!" Chloe yelled. "I don't have a chance! He just thinks you're way nicer than me, but what do you have that I don't have?! What does he see in you. Argh!!"

"I was Adrien's best friend, you know," Chloe continued. "I was until you, Nino and Alya came by. If you hadn't come... If you hadn't been born, I would have been the girl Adrien would have set eyes on! If Nino hadn't come, he wouldn't be Adrien's best friend, I would!"

"It doesn't matter about how we showed up or not... Or if we showed up," Marinette said. "Besides, there might have been another girl with a crush on Adrien if I hadn't showed up. You're not the only one that likes Adrien, Chloe!"

"Just shut up! You think you're smart. You think you can get Adrien?" Chloe inched closer to her. "You might have a chance now, but I'll make it hard for you. I might not have a chance to be with Adrien, but you'll see, I'll make it hard for you! I'll make every single part of it hard for you."

Chloe stood up and ran off. Marinette instantly became worried.

If Chloe is angry or upset, Hawk Moth is sure to get her. I have to calm her down before it's too late!

"Hey, Chloe wait!" Mariette stood up from the floor. "Chloe!!"

"Why are you calling Chloe," Alya showed up and asked. "I saw her running to the bathroom... With tears."

"I... We have to stop her. Hawk Moth is going to get her if we don't calm her down," Marinette explained.

"Oh, that's not good!" Alya followed Marinette. "What made her so angry by the way?"

"Adrien," Marinette answered, reaching the bathroom.

"Adrian made her angry?"

"No, I did, but it was about Adrien," Marinette sighed. "You know how we both have a crush on Adrien. She hates me now."

"Look," Alya pointed.

"It's the..." Marinette gasped. It was the black butterfly making its way inside the bathroom.

"How do we stop it?!" Alya asked. She went inside the bathroom to the sink, and splashed water on her hands, then splashed it on the butterfly. It did not do any damage.

I was mistaken to think that Vex would be my greatest villain. Seems like I have more chances.

"Chloe!!" Marinette yelled. Chloe was in one of the bathroom stalls. "Chloe, can you hear me?!!"

"Shut up!!" Came the angry voice of Chloe's. "Just leave me alone you pathetic brat."

"Chloe, you're about to get akumatized. You have to calm down!" Marinette explained. The butterfly made its way under the stall.

"AHHH! What is this?!"

"Chloe, just calm down!"

Chloe tried to protect herself from the butterfly with her bag. She swayed the bag back and forth, hoping it would go away.

"Chloe, you just have to calm down!" Alya explained. "Just take a deep breath and it won't come to you."

"SHUT UP!! You know nothing, Alya!" Chloe screamed. "It's hard not to be mad at Marinette!"

"Chloe look, I'm sorry, okay?" Marinette sighed and shrugged. "Just calm down."

"Fine!" Chloe breathed calmly. "But only because I don't want to be akumatized. The last time I was, it was horrible."

Marinette saw as the butterfly made its way out of the stall, and she sighed in relief.

What?! She calmed down! No! It's that girl, Marinette. She made Chloe angry and yet she was able to calm her down. You'll see, I won't let you get away with this.

Chloe made her way out of the bathroom stall as well. Seeing Mariette, she glared at her.

"Well that was close," Alya said.

"Whatever!" Chloe walked out.

-

"Father, I'm home!" Adrien entered his place, after waving at Nino goodbye.

"Your father is busy now," Natalie explained. "Please be in your room."

Adrien groaned. "He's always busy... Busy doing nothing!" He made his way in anger, but when they weren't looking, he turned to his father's bedroom door.

Are you really in there doing nothing but staring at the picture of Mom?

Adrien tried opening the door. It was opened. He peeked inside.

"How could I lose this time?! It's all Marinette and Alya's fault!

Father?

- Edited -