Miraculous Ladybug: 29

"Hey, wait..." Marinette walked up to Zane. "Hi... I just wanted to greet you is all."

Why is Marinette going after Zane? Is it that she has lost her interest in Adrien, and moved on to Zane, Chloe clenched her fist. But I also like Zane, and it doesn't look like Adrien likes me that way, so Marinette cannot win.

Chloe walked up to Marinette, and was about to speak when she caught sight of Sabrina.

"Sabrina?!?!"

Sabrina turned to Chloe. She looked over at the dress Marinette was wearing. Wow, pretty. It's weird though. Marinette gave me a prettier dress.

Chloe walked over to Sabrina, ready to slap her, but she saw Adrien glaring at her, and she calmed down.

It's just that Sabrina is still wearing that dress. You'll see Sabrina. So you chose to be against me. Well, we'll see who will be laughing at the end.

"Sabrina, wow, such a pretty dress." Chloe fake laughed, because she saw Adrien coming over. She wanted to act her best in front of Adrien, but so far that wasn't going too well.

Sabrina realized this and glared at Chloe. Adrien came over.

"Let's go Sabrina. Let's go hang out with the others."

"Okay," Sabrina smiled as she followed Adrien. She looked back to see Chloe, who was surprised to see this happening, then her eyes turned into dark anger.

Even Sabrina can get him? Why did Adrien ask her, but not me? Even worse, how dare Sabrina go with him without me?!

"I just wanted to say hi," Marinette cleared her throat. "You seem to be new so I wanted to show you around. If I hang around him, I'll see if he does anything strange. I'll hang out with him for half of the party, then hang out with the other suspect for the rest of the party.

"I'm Zane, and I don't need company," Zane told her, giving her the cold shoulder.

"But it's obvious that you do. You're all alone. Don't worry, I just wanted to see to it that you have the best fun in this birthday party."

Tsk... Is she suspecting me or really wanting to hang out? Whatever. Marinette is one of the people I have to get my hands on, so why not?

"Sure," Zane smiled. "Let's have fun."

The way he said the last part made Marinette back away. "S-sure. Err... What do you want to do first?" He's scary. I better not make him lose his temper. But why did he change his mind quickly?

If I lead her into a private place, I will be able to get her without being noticed. Perfect!

Vex... Or should I say Zane. Remember to look for Ladybug and Cat Noir. I have a feeling they'll come as well.

Alright Hawk Moth. I will get your miraculous and get my revenge.

"Let's go grab some snacks first," Zane suggested. "Come on."

Marinette slowly followed Zane to the snack area. As she got a few fruits, she noticed Alya and Nino dancing around.

Heh... Those two. I wonder when I'll be able to do that with Adrien.

Suddenly she felt something wet touch her. She looked to see red drink staining her beautiful dress from Mom.

"Wha-?"

"Oops, I'm so sorry. The apple juice slipped off of my hands," Zane exclaimed. "It was an accident."

Marinette looked up at Zane. An accident? How does that even happen?

"It's fine."

"I know a girl who can help you. I'm sure she's got some extra dress for you," Zane shrugged.

"How do you know a girl when you're new?" Marinette folded her arm.

"The two of us came together." If she follows me, my plan would be going on the right path.

"Nah." I know I'm supposed to be keeping an eye on him, but I'm in a mess right now and I don't feel safe following him any farther.

Marinette turned around and walked up to Alya.

How could she just turn me down like that? Before she was so interested, but not anymore.

"Hey Alya, sorry to be bothering you. Eh... I'm kind of in a mess right now."

Alya turned to see what kind of a mess Marinette was talking about. She gasped. "Marinette, what happened?"

"I got no time to explain, but could you lend me help, please?" Marinette asked. She looked back at Zane who was still watching her, and Marinette felt creeped out.

"What am I supposed to do? I didn't bring an extra dress," Alya shook her head.

"Maybe I can help?"

The both of them turned to the new voice that had spoken.

"Sabrina?" Marinette smiled at the dress she was wearing. So she decided to wear it after all. I'm glad buying it wasn't for nothing.

"Chloe gave me a dress to wear for the party, which I didn't like. I still have it, and you can wear it if you want."

"That'd be nice. Thank you." Marinette waved at Alya then quickly followed Sabrina.

"So when do we start spying on Marinette and Adrien?" Alya whispered to Nino, who was beside her.

"Right about now!"

- Edited -