Miraculous Ladybug: 21

"What was in that bag?!" Was the first thing Chloe asked Marinette when she walked inside the classroom.

"What are you talking about?" Marinette frowned. "What bag do you mean?"

"That bag Adrien gave you yesterday!" Chloe answered, pointing at her as if Marinette was being accused of something.

"That?... Why do you want to know?" Marinette took her seat, but Chloe refused to give up.

She walked up to Marinette and yelled. "Marinette! You! You have been secretly seeing Adrien!" Chloe gritted her teeth, hoping it wasn't true, but that was the only conclusion she could think of.

The class gasped and turned to them to listen. Marinette felt her face turn red from what Chloe had just told her. That's when Adrien walked in with Nino.

"Dude, is it true you and Marinette have been dating secretly?" Nathaniel quickly walked up to Adrien.

"What?!" Adrien stepped back, confused.

Chloe smiled. This is my chance! "Adrien, Marinette said that you and her were dating secretly. Is that true?"

"N-no, I didn't!" Marinette yelled. "Why would I say that?!"

Adrien looked at Marinette with a frown on her face. Suddenly he didn't know what to do.

"Well, I heard one of them say you two were dating secretly," Nathaniel rubbed his hair. "I wasn't exactly paying attention to who said it."

"Well, it's not true!" Adrien said. He furiously took his seat and bent down.

Why is he so angry? A sweat ran down Marinette's forehead.

"Oh Adrien, I know how upset you must be," Chloe quickly rushed to Adrien and patted his head. "I'm sorry you gave your trust to Marinette, and had her betray you!" Chloe looked up and glared at her.

"I didn't!" Marinette wanted to scream. "You were the one who came up to me. Why are you lying?!"

"You were just trying to catch attention, that's why you said you and Adrien were dating. Of course I knew it wasn't true. Right Sabrina?" Chloe turned to her friend. She winked at her, showing her that she should lie.

"Um... I..." Sabrina looked from Chloe to Marinette. Suddenly everyone was looking at her, waiting for her to say who was lying, even Adrien had lifted his head up. She felt like the centre of attention, and she hated it.

If I tell the truth, Chloe is going to kill me. She's the only one who's my friend here. But I don't want to lie. She may be my only friend, but I hate how she does this. She can like Adrien, but why does her rival have to be Marinette, and why does she play it like this?

"No..." Sabrina looked up, and she felt like she wanted to disappear. "I said me and Adrien were dating secretly."

Everyone gasped.

"Sabrina..." Chloe glared at her. "You weren't supposed to say that!" She totally ruined my plan.

Hey at least I didn't sell you out, Sabrina angrily thought. I hate how I always have to stand by your side. I hate that you're my best friend. You treat me like a maid. You treat me like I don't deserve the type of treatments you should get. Everyday you remind me that I'm the poor one and you're the rich one... Everyday you mock me secretly and you think I don't know it, but I do.

Marinette looked down. Why did she do that? Did Chloe tell her to? I saw that wink. Now Sabrina's going to get in trouble for something Chloe said. Sometimes I even wonder why these two are friends.

"Hey," Marinette looked up and spoke. "Why does it really matter? Let's just forget this happened."

"Of course it matters!" Chloe yelled at her! "You're ruining Adrien's reputation by saying you two were dating! You made Sabrina take the blame! You're at fault!"

Everyone looked at her and Sabrina. Now Sabrina felt like she was ready to kill Chloe. Crap, she just made everything worse. It may sound like she's standing up for me, but deep inside I know she's only doing this so Marinette will get in trouble and Adrien will hate her.

"Marinette didn't say that," Sabrina blurted. "Marinette didn't do anything!

You did!"

- Edited -