Miraculous Ladybug: 37

Gahhh! She's coming!!

"No, I'll get it, Marinette, it's fine." Tikki said, rising up and heading to the balcony.

Would it be okay for Tikki to see me now? Well, it would, I mean we've seen each other before, but not when I know who her owner is!

Before he could put much thinking into it, Tikki had already arrived.

"Plagg?! What are you doing here?!" Tikki stopped and stared at him. He knows.

"I... I didn't mean it, I just need help."

"What's going on here?" Mariette came to the balcony, then froze at the sight of the new kwami. "W-who are you?!"

"I..." Shoot! They caught me, but how do I tell them Adrien is in trouble without mentioning his name? "It's just that... Chat Noir is in trouble! He had a car crash, and..."

"Cat Noir got into a car crash!" Mariette screamed. "What?! What happened? How?"

"He wasn't looking where he was going, and this car came. I warned him too late. I could only come to you."

He could only come to me? Is it because he already knew I was Ladybug? So I was right when Chat Noir called my mom! He already knew who I was, and wasn't telling me!

"Okay, calm down," I'm freaking out. Chat Noir got into a car crash and he even knows who I am. "Lets go to the nearest hospital and see if the nurses got any new patient."

Plagg nodded, feeling calm that someone was helping him, but also feeling like he failed, because he got caught and now Marinette knew what Chat Noir's kwami looked like.

"To the hospital..." Marinette got out her purse and opened it. "But hide."

-

"Plagg? Plagg? Plagg?!"

"I'm sorry, who's Plagg?" A little girl came up to Adrien with a big smile. "I couldn't help but overhear you calling out for Plagg."

"Oh, Plagg? He's my... Pet," Adrien shrugged. "I lost him when I almost got hit by a car."

The girl gasped. Adrien Agreste almost got into a car crash? And since when did he have a pet?

"Oh I love animals. I can help you look for Plagg if you want," the girl suggested. "I'm great at finding things, especially animals. I can even speak to most animals."

"What's your name?"

"MaryBeth."

"Well, MaryBeth, I really appreciate you wanting to help, but..." Adrien thought, "Plagg doesn't like people except for me, to be around him."

"Oh, it will be fine," MaryBeth exclaimed. "I've met a lot of animals who hate people, and let me just tell you that I changed their hearts to like me."

Adrien looked at the girl, who was about 8 years old. He thought about how he couldn't let her see Plagg, because first of all, he was not an animal, he was a kwami, and MaryBeth was going to question on what kind of animal he is.

Second of all, Plagg was his secret, and he wasn't supposed to let it out, even if he really needed to find the kwami.

"Thanks, but I think I'll be fine on my own," Adrien awkwardly laughed, then ran away to avoid the girl's pleading.

I remember Plagg fell out when I almost got crashed. Thank goodness I'm okay, but I'm not so sure about Plagg. What if he got stepped on?! What if someone else picked him up? What if it was even that girl that took him?

I gotta find him!

-

Marinette reached the hospital. She quickly made her way to a nurse.

"Whoa, calm down, what's the rush?" The nurse folded her arms. "Are you here for someone?"

Marinette nodded. "Uh... Did you recently get a new patient, like today, that was in a car accident?"

"No," the nurse frowned as Marinette breathed heavily. It told her that this girl had ran all the way to the hospital without stopping.

"I- what?!" Marinette stopped and looked at the nurse. "You didn't?"

The nurse shook her head. "I need to be somewhere, but if you need me, just ask around." The nurse turned to go.

Marinette went into a hiding spot and released the two kwamis. "He isn't here." She turned to Plagg.

"There's one more place to go," Plagg exclaimed. "Where the accident took place!"

- Edited -