Miraculous Ladybug: 30

How come Ladybug and Cat Noir aren't here yet?! Zane couldn't wait any longer. He would have went along to do his plan, but Hawk Moth told him to wait for Ladybug and Chat Noir to show up.

Maybe they're waiting for you to attack first. Hawk Moth suggested. He didn't like it that the two superheroes weren't here either. Maybe coming to this party was a waste of time.

That makes sense. Hmm... This gives me an idea.

Zane looked back at the boy that was just walking around. Seems like he needs friends. Well, he'll be my friend.

Zane walked up to him. "Hey, what's up. What are you doing?" He looked at the boy up and down. Why had he come to this party if he had no one?

"Hey, I'm Jack. My friends told me they'd be coming, but so far they're not here yet."

"Maybe they stood you up?" Zane raised an eyebrow.

"No, they would never do that. We're best buddies after all."

"Well, while you're waiting for them to show up, wanna hang out for a bit?" Zane asked. "I could use a company too."

"Alright, sounds cool." Jack followed Zane to the game section. If he warms up to me a bit, I can get him to come with me and I'll do what I want with him.

-

Marinette, Marinette, where is that girl?! Chloe searched around, and caught sight of Zane. I remember she was with him, but now Zane is with another boy. Ha! I bet Zane got tired of her and chased her away.

Then Chloe heard laughter coming from the dressing room. She walked closer to the curtain and listened.

"And the Chloe slipped and fell. Plus once she got up, the dog started chasing her."

Chloe gasped. This was the secret I told Sabrina to keep for me. Is she really telling it to someone else?

She barged in. "SABRINA! YOU STUPID GIRL!...!" Chloe huffed in anger. In the room she saw Sabrina and Marinette.

What?! That's the dress I gave Sabrina to wear. Is Sabrina really giving it to Marinette?

"Uh... Hey, Chloe," Marinette waved awkwardly.

"Don't you dare hey me!" Chloe yelled. "Marinette, you get out of that dress you're wearing. It's mine!"

"No way," Sabrina spoke in. "You told me I could keep the dress, so you have no control of it now."

"Sabrina, are you really speaking back to me?! Remember, I am your boss. I've done so much good things for you, and this is what you do to return the favor?" Chloe glared at her. She was ready to hit anyone. This had gone too far, and it was all Marinette's fault.

"I'm sorry Chloe. It's just that Sabrina..." Marinette spoke.

"Shut up!" Chloe interrupted. "Marinette, you will get off that dress this instant."

"What's going on here?"

Chloe whirled around to find Adrien folding his arms. "What are you doing again, Chloe? Here to cause some trouble?"

He said I'm here to cause trouble. I just want my dress back. But how can I now that Adrien is here? If I take the dress, he'll hate me, and I'm trying to make him like me more, not hate me more.

"Nothing," she faked a smile. "We were just discussing about dresses."

"Weird. I heard screaming," Adrien moved forward to Chloe. "And it sounded like yours. You do know I saw yow barge in here without a care in the world, right?"

Chloe tried hard not to cry, but all the tears rushed down, and she ran out of the room, yelling, "Marinette, you'll pay for this."

But it wasn't my fault. Sabrina was just lending me a dress. Now I'm not so sure about staying at this party.

"If you want, I can give you a better dress and you can leave this one for Chloe?" Adrien suggested.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I got a whole pack of them. Follow me."

"Okay." Marinette, still in Chloe's dress followed Adrien, and Sabrina followed the both of them.

"Now, what do you see?"

"I see Adrien, Marinette and Sabrina walking out of the dressing room together after Chloe just ran out," Alya replied into her phone.

"Right. I watched as Adrien walked inside the dressing room," Nino spoke back into his phone, "and I wondered why."

Adrien and Marinette being together again? What if Chloe was really right about them?

- Edited -