Miraculous Ladybug: 12

"Marinette!" Sabine Dupain-Cheng called from downstairs. "One of your friends is here!"

"Is it Alya?" Marinette asked from her room, as she and Lucas worked on their project.

"It's a boy!"

A boy? Who?

"I'll be back." She gave Lucas a smile and hurried downstairs. Her eyes almost popped out at the sight of the one person she never thought would visit her. "ADRIEN?!?!"

"Hey Marinette, are you busy?" Adrien smiled as he waved. "I was thinking maybe we could hang out today?"

"I- Me and Lucas are working on our project right now. Were almost done though, so the three of us could..." She looked up at Adrien's face, then quickly looked down.

"Even better," Adrien still had his smile. Hmm, if Lucas hangs out with us, I can be able to find out what's he's been hiding!

"I'll go to ask him." Marinette excused herself, then happily went upstairs. "Lucas? Huh?"

Where did he go? Did he already leave without me knowing, without telling me? But no way! Me and Adrien were standing right beside the front door, and there's only one way outside, besides my room.

Marinette looked around everywhere for Lucas, but the boy had already gone. She went back downstairs, asking herself how it was possible for him to leave without her noticing.

"Where is he?" Adrien asked, rasing his eyebrows.

"Uh... He already left. I can't find him." Marinette tried to explain. "Anyway, you still wanna hang out?"

For some reason, I feel like Adrien is only here because of Lucas. He probably still thinks he's dangerous and want to keep tabs on him. Of course he wouldn't wanna hang out with me alone.

"Uh, sure. How'd he leave though? I mean..."

"I don't know. He just left." Marinette couldn't help feeling angry on the inside. Adrien had only come here for Lucas, and not her. He was asking these questions just to prove to her that Lucas was dangerous. Even though she thought it was kind of impossible that Lucas had left without her noticing, she still thought he was safe.

"Then let's go." Adrien opened the door for her, and she stepped out. So Lucas left, huh? But that's impossible! Maybe she's just lying to me! But why? Doesn't she want me to protect her?

The two friends bought some snacks and went to an amusement park. Marinette had to admit that she had a lot of fun with Adrien, but a voice inside kept telling her, don't feel so happy. Remember you guys are only going out as friends. Don't act as if it's a date!

Marinette tried to focus on the fun she was having. That's when she noticed Chloe and Sabrina coming their way.

"Adrien, what are you doing here?!" Chloe asked. Adrien told me he was doing homework with Nino, but instead he's out here, hanging out with Marinette? Is it possible that Marinette is the one he likes? Unacceptable!

"Uh, I finished my homework with Nino quickly because he had to leave soon, and then I felt bored and decided to call Marinette."

"But you know you could have called me!" Chloe yelled. Had he totally chose Marinette over me?!?!

"I didn't want to bother you," Adrien shrugged. Marinette looked closely at him.

Why does it sound like he's lying to Chloe? Maybe he really didn't want to hang out with her.

"Well, since we're all together now, we can all hang out," Sabrina suggested, and then added, "except, if you want to leave, Marinette."

Marinette gritted her teeth. How dare they come here and try to drag me away? I won't allow this!

Before Marinette could answer, Adrien spoke up for her. "Marinette is not leaving. You can't just try to push her away like that. Anyway, you guys can leave if you want to."

Chloe frowned. He stood up for her! "No, it's fine, we're not leaving, so let's go." Chloe gritted her teeth as Adrien and Marinette walked in front of her and Sabrina.

"You know," Sabrina whispered to her friend as Adrien and Marinette bought hotdogs for themselves, "you can make Marinette want to leave. You can bully her without Adrien noticing and it'll make her leave quickly."

Chloe smiled. "This is why you're my best friend, Sabrina." Sabrina beamed. When was the last time Chloe told me that?

"So Marinette, you chose not to leave my Adri-kins alone," Chloe cracked her fingers. "Well then, let the game start!"

- Edited -