Miraculous Ladybug: 7

"For this project you will be partnered together with anyone you like."

Marinette raised her head up to listen more carefully. Her eyes quickly went to Adrien, who was talking to Nino.

"If Nino isn't already partnered up with someone, I think I'm gonna go with him," Alya told her. She gave Marinette the look that said Go on and ask him to be your partner.

Marinette sighed, and was about to walk forward to Adrien, when Chloe interrupted her.

"Hey Adri-kins, wanna be partners?" She winked, and Marinette gritted her teeth.

"Since Nino is already going with Alya, sure," Adrien shrugged.

Marinette sat back down, feeling as if her world had just went black. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulders and looked up.

"Hey, I'm new and I don't know many people here. Wanna be my partner?"

Marinette looked at the new boy with her surprised face. "Uh..." She looked around. Everyone already seemed to have found their partners. She looked over at Alya, who gave her a nod. "... Sure"

"Great, looking forward to it, Mari... Can I call you Mari?"

Marinette looked at Adrien, who had turned to them. He looked at the boy, then back at Marinette, then looked away.

"Sure", Marinette forced out a smile. "You can call me that."

Why did Adrien look at me like that, as if he was disappointed?

-

Marinette was the last one to walk out of class, mainly because she had fallen asleep in class, but also because she was thinking about the new boy, Lucas, and Adrien.

"Hey."

"Whhhaaa, ahhh, hey Adrien... What brings you to me... I mean, here?" Marinette gave him a big smile, trying hard not to show Adrien that her legs were trembling. Yep, it's still all the same.

"Uh... That boy, Lucas... Do you like him?"

Marinette stopped. It seemed like her world had stopped. Only her thoughts remained. Why is he asking me that? Why does he care? Maybe he's jealous and is going to tell me to stay away from Lucas? Maybe that's why he looked disappointed?

"Uh... Yes?" It came out more like a question. She didn't know what word had just come out of her mouth, and how it did. She didn't know what Adrien was going to say, but what he said... Wasn't exactly what she expected.

"Oh really. Well you have a pretty good chance of getting him. Good luck. I could help you if you want. Besides, that's what friends are for."

Friends?

That's. What. Friends. Are. For.

That's why it hurt so bad.

"Uh... Yeah, thanks, but I don't need help." Marinette smiled and quickly walked away..

-

"He doesn't like me... I can't believe it!" Tears streamed from Marinette's eyes for the third time. "He said I should go for Lucas, and he said it without even feeling anything. Why should I keep trying?"

"Don't worry Marinette, I'm sure he didn't mean it," Alya tried to explained.

"Wahhhh... Of course he did. He said we were friends. And that's all we'll ever be now." Marinette covered her face, trying to stop crying, but the more she tried, the more the tears seem to come out.

"Well, we can help you if you want?" Rose said. "Don't worry, I think Alya is right. He might have just been saying that."

"No, and it doesn't matter anymore." Marinette raised her head for the girls to see a crying messed up face, but the girl looked serious.

"I'll just move on to Lucas!"

NOTE: Lucas is not the same person as Luka. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks.

- Edited -