Miraculous Ladybug: 25

"Hawk Moth, I am ready! I will destroy and get back your miraculous. And then I will get back at those who bullied me. Just you wait... This is not over, Ladybug and Chat Noir! This is not over!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Wait a second!" Marinette stopped and stared at the letter. She was too busy thinking about how to tell Chat Noir that she didn't like him that way, that she forgot to ask how the letter even got here.

"Don't worry, your secret is still safe. A friend of mine, I won't say his name, gave me the letter and said it was from Chat Noir," Tikki explained. That friend of mine is Chat Noir's kwami."

"Oh," Marinette sighed and laid back down on her bed. "Cool, I understand."

Then she heard a knock on her bedroom door, "Tikki, hide," and rushed to open it.

"Alya, I'm so glad you're... ADRIEN?!" Marinette backed away from her door.

"Uh... Hey. Your mom let me in. Said you would be up here. Are you going to be busy today. I'm kinda bored and..."

"Yeah actually... I'm going out today. Going out with... Alya. Yeah, we're going to be hanging out."

"Sounds like fun. Can I join?" Adrien asked excitedly.

"What! Uh... We're going to be hanging out till late at night. Won't your dad want you home?" This is why Adrien came over? I don't know why, but it seems like he's been wanting to hang out more often. I think we're getting closer to each other.

I know I'm being crazy, but somehow they really do look alike. I sent Plagg to give a letter to Ladybug's kwami. If I hang out with Marinette, will she go to the dinner? Or am I really being stupid and it's not her?

"Uh... My dad... Um... I'll find a way. I've done it a lot of times anyway. I'll just pretend I want to be in my room the whole night, while really I'll be with you guys."

"No, I don't think... I don't want you to get in trouble."

"Like I said, I've done it a bunch of times," Adrien smiled. "I know you're worried, but let me just hang out with you guys."

"O-okay."

"Cool, let's go now and wait for Alya." Adrien ran back downstairs. "Come on Marinette."

"Okay, I'm coming." What should I do. I'm going to hang out with Adrien, but I have to go to dinner with Chat Noir. Maybe I can find a way to slip out.

But why does it seem like he's hiding something. I mean, why would he come here just to hang out, and risk getting in trouble just to hang out with me and Alya? Something is definitely up. Maybe he had a fight with his father, and wants to get away?

Marinette grabbed her purse, which Tikki was hiding in, and followed Adrien downstairs.

-

"Marinette, Marinette. I will soon get your best friend's super villain power, along with you and Nino. I will be the greatest villain who has ever lived. It would be impossible to defeat me then."

"Hawk Moth, transform me!"

-

"So when did we say we were gonna hang out later up until nighttime?" Alya whispered to Marinette.

"Please, just do this for me." Marinette pointed to Adrien. "I told him a lie just to hang out with him."

"Alright, whatever. It'll be fun anyway," Alya shrugged. "Don't blame me if I try so hard to get you two together."

"Hey!" Marinette laughed.

Marinette is hanging out with Adrien? Just why?! Why?! Why?! Why am I losing and she winning? How can I help myself?

Chloe sat, hiding behind a bush. Tears almost streamed down her face, but she held it in, and forced herself to stay calm.

I'm Chloe, the girl that always gets what she wants. If I want Adrien, I'll get him!

"Adrien!" Chloe got out of her hiding spot. "Adrien, there you are, I found you!"

Adrien turned, then groaned at the sight of Chloe. What's she doing here? Ugh! Whatever, I have to keep an eye on Marinette.

Marinette gulped. Ugh! It's almost 6:30. Maybe I should just forget about dinner. How am I going to get out of this mess?

"Adrien, I was talking to you. I was looking for you." Chloe gave Adrien a hug, then turned to Marinette and glared at her.

Why is it that Chloe is always here? Alya groaned. Ugh! Whatever. I will have fun getting Marinette and Adrien together.

Hmm. Chloe is here? Maybe I might just be able to get away from this.

Marinette got out her phone and pretended to go through her chats. "Uh oh, Mom told me to come back home now to help around."

What! Marinette is already leaving? Ugh, where's the fun in that? Alya folded her arms.

Here's my chance. Maybe she's really going to the dinner, and not home. Adrien was all set for this.

"Marinette, can I see the message your mom sent you?" Adrien folded his arms.

What! Why's he asking me for that? Whatever. Chloe is here anyway. She'll do her job right without even knowing it.

"Ugh! Adrien, why do want to look at that?!" Chloe glared at Marinette once again, but the girl only smiled back. "And besides, isn't your father going to be worried about you?"

This is my chance. "I got to go or else my mom will be worried. Bye!" Marinette turned around to go.

"Wait!" Adrien tried to run after her, but Chloe held onto him.

"Adrien, leave her, let's go hang out together ourselves. We don't need her."

Ugh! This Chloe is really annoying. I feel like Marinette set this up.

Even if I hate how Chloe's all up on him, she still helped me escape so I owe it to her, Marinette smiled at the thought. The minute Adrien asked to see the message Mom sent me, I knew something was wrong.

Marinette reached home and got inside, breathing heavily. "Mom, I'm home!"

"Already? I thought you went to hang out with your friends, no?"

"Yeah, but I wanted to go home early and have a bit of 'me time'." Marinette answered. "I'll be up in my room."

Marinette quickly headed upstairs to her room, and closed the door.

"Tikki, spots on!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Hmm, maybe Marinette has turned into Ladybug and is on her way. Oh well, I'll just enjoy this dinner, and then at the end of it, while Ladybug is still around, I'll ask Marinette's mom if Marinette is home. I've still got a chance.

And this time I'll do it right!

- Edited -