Chap.1

I was walking down the road to my school listening to some deep music, starving and moody as fuck

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I was walking down the road to my school listening to some deep music, starving and moody as fuck. I was so tired of the same daily routine.

I reached school 10 minutes late, I didn't care much, what was the point if I would have most likely failed the year anyway? After all, I couldn't really focus on my studies.

I opened the door of my classroom and my teacher, Mr. Yang didn't waste a second to scold me «Lalisa Manoban» he started and I mumbled
«Wow, you know my name..»
He yelled «Detention Miss Manoban. In hope you will learn to arrive on time.»
I rolled my eyes going to my desk, arriving late and having detention was part of my routine. Mr. Yang had a particular liking for punishing me.
My classmates chuckled at my situation making me sigh and think

Come on Lisa. You need to go well at school and find a good job so you can pay more easily your mom bills. You can do it, hwaiting!!

I always tried to tell myself some encouraging words but when everything was shit, some nice words wouldn't have helped.

I tried to focus on the lessons, but it was always hard. So many thoughts were running through my brain, all day, every day. Without giving me some rest.

I had so many questions on so many things. And I didn't have either a simple answer.

My life has been a mess since the first day. My dad, he had to join the army when I was born and one year after, he sadly died by rescuing another young soldier. Based on what my mother told me about him, he was a really sweet, selfless, honorable and amazing person. He sadly left us with many debts and issues, it's not his fault, I don't blame him, he sacrificed his life to save a comrade after all. Mom was the only one working since I was little, it was really hard for her and as soon I was 6 and I started understanding better the situation I started admiring and respecting her even more, I wanted to help her and tried to be a burden the least I could. I, sadly, never spent much time with her, no matter how hard my mother tried, she was almost never part of my life. She had to work so much and her free time was used to rest. I don't blame her either.
I was always left alone since I was 4 because we were too broke at that point to keep paying the babysitter. I learned by myself how to cook some basic things, do some basic chores, I made so many mistakes during that process that only took us to need more money. Our relatives, or should I say, my grandparents, tried to help as much as they could, but they were old and sick, at the age of 8 I also lost them.
In that period my mom also got sick, but she kept working, I wanted to help, so even though I was still little, I searched for a part-time job, a nice man had one for me, the pay wasn't high but it was literally enough for some basic stuff. I went to a public school where the cost was low. When I was 11 my mother was brought to the hospital and never came back, so to the bills and debts that were left to me to pay alone, my mother's hospital bill added. With just one job I couldn't pay everything, so I searched for other jobs, I found other 2, so I had 3 jobs in total, which still weren't enough, that was why I often skipped meals and reduced to do only what was really needed, if only the debts wouldn't have been there.... Anyway, since I had too many jobs I retired from school and studied at home, so people didn't suspect that I was home alone while being still a minor, it was hard, but I was able to make it work, I went back to school the second year of high school because I've met a girl at a bar called Chaeyoung Park, which is now my best friend, she's the headmaster niece and was able to make me admit free and from the right year.
Chaeyoung was a small light that my dark, really dark life had. She knew about my financial problems and offered to pay but I couldn't accept. I didn't want people to pity me, I didn't need others compassion. I could make it on my own. I wasn't depressed or anything though, just TOO stressed, nervous and maybe, yeah, sometimes sad.