Chap.14

It has been a week since Lisa decided to be a huge idiot and go to the vampire

It has been a week since Lisa decided to be a huge idiot and go to the vampire. Jennie told me that she went to visit her and that she was fine, but I knew she wasn't. I always knew. It was my job to protect her. We met for that reason. And I stupidly let her go. I should have been more careful and now I was drowning in guilt.

Lisa was hurting a lot, she was being tortured, insulted, mistreated, she didn't deserve that. She was too nice for being treated that way. And the fact that I couldn't do anything really annoyed me.

«Babe» called Jennie «What are you thinking about?»
I crossed my arms «Lisa. I always think about her. She's my Lisa. I'm so worried and scared. She's hurting and I can't help her. Unnie, I'm feeling so guilty...»
She sat beside me and wrapped her arms around me «Me too Chaeng.»
I looked at her «You can help her! Why don't you do something?»
She shook her head «I told you, we can't go between a vampire and her victim. Plus, I'm on Jisoo's side, I'm sorry. She's my best friend.» I huffed and stood up taking my phone from the small glass table in front of us, going towards the door and putting my shoes on «Where are you going?»
I said coldly «Seulgi unnie.»
«Why?»
I stood on my feet and wore my cardigan «Cause maybe she will be a good friend and help me save my sister. Bye.» I went out and she followed
«Baby, I told you I would love to help but I just can't! We elves are loyal!»
I turned around annoyed «We, we, we! Can't you for once stop talking about how elves are and instead talk about how you are and be whoever you wanna be? You're an elf yeah, but it doesn't mean you have to mold to the stereotype!»
Jennie looked down and I sighed, reaching the car with the driver, going in and giving him the address.

---

«Annyeong Seulgi unnie.» I greeted her bowing for then hug her «Thanks for spearing me some time.»
«Oh no problem. What brings you here?»
I looked down «Lisa...»
«Is she okay?» she asked while making me look up and walking towards the living room
«No...» I shook my head «She went to Lady Jisoo... It's been a week...»
Seulgi gasped «Oh no! No! Why?»
I shrugged «To protect me. So I came here, hoping you could help me.»
Seulgi nodded «How may I help you?»
«Since you can see the future... Could you tell me how Lisa's future will be? L-Like... You know... If she lives or die...»
Seulgi sighed «Khm, that's awkward. Khm, I can't tell you that. Lisa's future isn't.... defined let's say. It all depends from her. I see many, MANY different scenarios.»
My mouth slightly fell apart as my brows furrowed in sadness «W-What do you mean?»
«That her destiny isn't written, she still can make it go the way she wants.» she explained
«So... She may live?» I asked hopefully
She nodded «Yeah, if she makes the right choices.»
I nodded relieved «Can you tell me if she will suffer?»
Seulgi said with a sad smile «She will. A lot. But then she won't anymore if she does the right things.»
I hugged her «Thanks unnie!» she hugged me back and then I pulled away «Khm... H-How about mine? Can you tell me how it will be?»
She shook her head again «Mianhae Chaeyoung, I can't reveal to people their future. You know, we all have rules that we have to follow even for our powers.»
I nodded and looked down «Can you tell me if it'll be bright or dark?»
I looked back up and unnie was smiling «It's as bright as you are.»
I smiled «Really? Then Lisa will live. Cause without her my future would be dark.»
Seulgi made a sad smile taking my hands in hers «Honey, somebody else apart from Lisa makes your life brighter, will make your life brighter. In both cases, if Lisa lives or dies, your future is still bright.»
As soon as my brain processed the new information, my eyes started to water and tears left them, I shook my head covering my mouth with one hand «H-How can my future be bright without Lisa!? Without my best friend and sister?! What kind of bad person am I!? I am disgusting!»
Seulgi pulled me to her as I burried my face in the crock of her neck and wrapped my arms around her waist as she said «No, no Chae, you're not disgusting nor horrible. It means that, let's suppose Lisa will die, it means that you moved on and you'll remember her everyday, you will remember every moment with her with joy, a little hint of sadness, but grateful for all you've had. It's the normal way of dealing with the loss of people. Don't feel bad sweetie.» I didn't answer and cried.