Chap.2

I reached school in time luckily, but just because Rosie while driving saw me and picked me up, so while she drove I told her what happened the night before and earlier

«Honestly Lis, that might just be an effect of the light, no? It doesn't mean that there's something... Also, that lake you're talking about and that forest, there's nothing like that in that place, you must have been in another part of Seoul.» Chaeyoung said
«I'm telling you Chae, I was near the Han River I was just like half a hour away exaggerating.»
Parking the car and turning off the engine Chaeyoung answered looking at me «And I'm telling you Lisa, nothing is there. Nothing. I've been in Korea since I was five, you're here since you were one, we both know there's nothing there, also I keep wondering why didn't you remained in a hot place like Bangkok, like Thailand? Why here?»
I shrugged «Ask my parents. But oh well, they can't really answer you now. Can they?» I said ironically bitterness clearly there too
«Don't get all fired up on me Lisa, or you'll get burned.» warned Chaeyoung
«Yeah sure church girl. Listen, if that was just a light effect, how do you explain what I went through this morning?» I crossed my arms
She shrugged «You probably tripped.»
I rolled my eyes as she reached for her stuff in the seats behind «I didn't fucking trip. I told you I was pushed, PUSHED Chae and no one was there.»
She sighed «Maybe it was your guardian angel, everyone has one. No matter if you're Christian like me or Buddhist like you.»
I thought about that «No, I don't think so, he or she wouldn't have pushed me hurting me.»
I got out of the car along with Chaeyoung «Lisa, it was an emergency situation, your guardian angel did what it could do.»
«I think that it should know what happens in advance. I'm telling you Chae, it wasn't a guardian angel.»
Chae sighed «Show me the pictures while we go inside.»

Chaeyoung locked the car and I gave her my camera, as I linked my arm with her to guide her since she was paying attention to my shots.

«Lis, to me that really looks like some light effect. Cause even supposing that paranormal stuff existed and this was something, why would it look different in other pics?» Chaeyoung asked me still observing the photos
«A shapeshifter, duh.» I said while she looked at me with a are-you-serious face and I looked at her very seriously «What? They exist.»
Chaeyoung slightly punched the top of my head «You're low grades it's the only existent thing.»
I pouted while retrieving my turned off camera «You never believe me. One day I will show you that I was right all along.»
Chaeyoung chuckled rolling her eyes «Yeah, sure Lis. I'll be waiting.»

We separated ways since we didn't have all the classes together, the first hour she had literature, I had fucking math. As I reached my class I was on time, which was quite rare, in fact, Mrs. Park eyes were wide as she looked at me «Oh wow Manoban is on time.»
I rolled my eyes and went to my place, as the bell rang, I tried following the lesson but I got distracted by my thoughts.

I knew that wasn't just a trick of the light, it just couldn't disappear from one shot to another, and that place, I was sure of where I was, I knew I was near the Han River, I wasn't high or drunk or something like that, no, I was very conscious of my position, but then again, how did end there? If nothing like that is there, why I was there in the first place?