CHAPTER 2

Lucas POV

Once Twinkle ran to her room, Lucas turned towards his son.

" Son what you're doing is wrong. Why did you stop me from helping my baby girl?"

"Dad! What do you think that I like seeing my daughter getting hurt? That I love seeing her suffer?" Richard asked feeling hurt.

"Son that's exactly what you're doing. You're not helping her, you're not stopping that stubborn wife of yours from hurting Twinkle."

"Dad you think its easy to stop her. You know very well why I'm not stopping her."

"oh really son! Please enlighten me as to why you are supporting that wife of yours?"

"Dad she threatened me that she will give me divorce and go away from my life."

"Then whats the problem son, send her away. Give her divorce. We can live happily without Jade!"

"Dad she said she will take Tina with her. I can't live without Tina dad. She is my life."

"But son what about Twinkle, is she not your daughter? Don't you love her?"

"Dad I love Twinkle more than Tina but my hands are tied, I can't do anything."

"Son atleast talk to Twinkle. The last time you spoke to her was 12 years ago, the day you bought my baby girl to this house."

"Dad Jade said that if I show love or if I care for Twinkle, then she will throw Twinkle out of this house."

"Son go apologise to your baby girl. She will surely forgive you. She wants you in her life. She wants her dad, her super hero."

"Dad I promised Rachelle that I will give Twinkle a good life, that I will never let her my baby cry, but what I'm doing is making her cry every single minute of her life."

"Son you don't have to fight a war for her, your words are enough for her. Atleast she will feel that someone in this world is there for her, who will care for her."

" Thanks dad I will talk to my baby girl."

"I hope to see a smile in my baby girl's face next time she comes down."

Richard POV

Twelve years ago Richard gets a call from Rachelle asking him to meet her immediately.
So without wasting any time he took his car keys and drove to her house. On the way to her house he was recalling the moments where he had done the biggest mistake of his life.
Richard was married to Jade which was arranged by his father. He never loved Jade, he was in love with Rachelle. But his dad had arranged his marriage with Jade as Rachelle was not able to give birth. He wanted grandchildren and future heirs who would take care of his company. After one year Jade was pregnent with Tina. Richard started loving Tina and Tina became his life, his reason to live happily. He started to get close to Jade for giving him this beautiful jewel. But he was not able to forget Rachelle so he was meeting Rachelle without Jade or his father knowing. After two years Rachelle was pregnent with Twinkle. He was on cloud nine knowing that his love is pregnent. He immediately ran to his father

"Dad Rachelle is pregnent!"
Lucas was stunned after knowing this.

"Son Rachelle will never be your wife, Jade is your wife. You can support Rachelle with money, shelter anything. But she will never become my daughter in law."

Richard didn't know what to do, he went back to Rachelle and said her what his father told him.
Rachelle asked him only one question which made him the happiest man in the whole world,
"Richard its ok I understand your situation. I will not force you to give me the place of your wife but I want one thing! Will you be the perfect dad for my daughter? "

Richard thought that he have to give Rachelle atleast this happiness of keeping his daughter happy by being a perfect father.

He reached Rachelle's house and entered the house with the biggest smile on his face. He saw his daughter Twinkle playing with teddy bear. He was proud that he could keep up his promise by being the perfect dad.
He reached Rachelle's room and was shocked to see Rachelle fighting with death. He never knew that she was suffering from cancer and had only few more days left.

"Richard promise me that you will take care of my child, you never let her cry. I want my princess to get married to her prince charming who would take care of her just like us." Rachelle said her final wish to Richard.

After few days Rachelle expired he bought Twinkle to his house. Jade was shocked to see him with this small girl. She started treating Twinkle as a servent. She was hurt that he cheated on her. So from that day till today her only dream is to make my Twinkle's life a living hell.

Richard stopped speaking to his daughter from that day, because he was ashamed of himself. He couldn't show his face to his baby girl. The last time his baby girl smiled was the day he bought her home. But he didn't know this home will become a jail to her.