CHAPTER 11

TWINKLE POV

I was thirsty so I reached for the water, which was placed next to my bed. While pouring the water into glass, the glass slipped and it broke. I was really weak. I couldn't even hold a glass properly. There was another glass placed next to it, but I didn't want to break it also. Scared what will Andrew do if he knows I broke a glass. 

I was happy when Martha spoke to me and asked me to call her mom. Once I shared my story with her, I felt light. She understood me. I was happy that I got a mom who understands me. She took care of me. When I was thinking of her, I saw her entering my room with a tray.

"Mom sorry!  I broke this glass." I apologized not wanting to get screwed, though I know she won't.

"Dear don't be sorry. It's OK, it's just a glass. Do you want some water?" she asked. I nodded my head. She poured water and handed the glass to me.

I didn't know my throat was so dry. It was as if I got a new life after drinking it. I thanked her. She placed the tray which she bought with her on my bed.

"Now my baby girl is going to complete this. I have made lasagna for you. This is one of my famous dish. Andrew loves it. I also got you orange cake, which he bought." Martha replied.

At the mention of his name, I was literally jumping inside. She also mentioned he bought cake for me. I am so happy that he cared for me. I wanted to thank him.

"Martha where is Andrew?" I asked her blushing while telling his name.

She noticed my blush and teased me a little bit. She mentioned that he is down. She eyed the plate telling me to eat. I took a spoon of lasagna and almost moaned at the taste of it. It was really good. I never had something so delicious after my mom's death. I thanked her and she left telling me to complete it without leaving anything.

I completed the food within no time. I was shocked that I ate everything. I took the tablets and rested my head on the pillow. I was thinking about all the things Martha had done for me since morning. She fed me, cleaned me. Most importantly she kissed me. I was never kissed by someone after my mom. When I was thinking all of this, there was a knock on the door which brought me back from my dream land. There stood my husband at the door. He was breathtaking. He came in and stood near my bed. I was just loss of words, he was soooo mouth watering. I couldn't see him in eyes, I was so nervous. He noticed and started telling the reason he came.

What he said broke my heart into million pieces. All my dreams came crashing down. I want him, his love, I want to feel him, I want to love him. But he said that he will never be attached to me. I should not interfere in his life. He even tossed his card. What does he think of me!
I am not here for his money. I am here for his love. I love him and I wanted to tell him that but he was about leave his room.

So with great difficulty, swallowing my tears I asked him to make this marriage work. I begged him to give me a chance but he left breaking my heart. I made up my mind that I will keep trying, I will make him love me.

With that thought I drifted to sleep. In middle of the night I heard sounds from Andrew's room. I got up and went to his room. When I was near his room door, the sounds were more clear. It was not just some sounds, it was someone moaning. I opened the door to see my husband whoring with some girl. I couldn't take it. I immediately closed the door and ran to my room. I couldn't control the tears. The sounds were increasing, so I went down to Martha's room. I knocked on the room with tears flowing continuously. She immediately opened the door and was shocked to see me crying. She took me inside and made me sit on her bed. She wiped my tears and asked me why I'm crying.

My tears increased just thinking about what I had seen. I tried telling but my words were not clear.
"Martha! Andrew...  Andrew.." I couldn't complete.

She understood that it was something related to him and got up to go to his room. I tried stopping her but I was too late. She had already sprinted towards his room. She opened the door and was shocked. She called his name. He shouted something at her which made her cry.

She came down and hugged me. She took me to her room. Andrew was like a son to her. Andrew shouted at her because of me. I wanted to comfort her but I couldn't. She hugged me and said soothing words to heal my pain which were not working. After sometime I slept in her room with broken heart.

The next day I saw Andrew apologizing Martha. He also said her that she has to not bother him. Martha was sad with his behaviour. 

The next few days went on by Andrew bringing different girls everyday. Martha tried stopping him, but it didn't work. Martha used to tell stories about Andrew. His likes, dislikes. I came to know about him. I was heart broken that he brings girls everyday. He likes them more. The last day I saw him was on the day he confronted me. It's been two weeks since that day. In this meantime my bonding with Martha grew. She turned like my real mom. I experienced love for the first time. I also got to know Luke, Andrew's bodyguard. He was like a brother to me. Infact a possessive one.

I started cooking for Andrew everyday. He use to eat his breakfast happily. I was happy that atleast he was enjoying the food I prepared. But he doesn't know that I was preparing them. According to him it was Martha who was preparing. I asked Martha to not tell him that I prepared them,  so that he eats them in peace. At night I used to sleep with Martha as I couldn't take the sounds coming from the next room.

One day Martha got a call from her sister to meet her. Martha had gone to meet her and messaged me that she will not be home today. So I was all alone at home. I was bored to hell. I prepared Andrew his favorite food and waited for him to arrive. It was past eleven but he was not home yet.

I waited for him in the living room. I didn't want him to sleep without having food so I sat on sofa watching Netflix. The main door opened with a tud. I got scared and took the vase which was next to me. In came my husband fully drunk. He looked raged which scared the hell out of me. He saw me and took steps towards me.

Today is the day my life changed. Whether it is for good or bad.... you have to continue reading to know.