CHAPTER 3

Twinkle checked her face in the mirror. She had a cut on the left side of the bottom lip. She tried cleaning the cut with antiseptic, but her lip started to sting. Twinkle is scared of blood because she use to see her mother cough out blood. So she was finding it difficult to clean the cut.

After great difficulty she cleant her cut, her wrist had a dark purple bruise. She was busy checking the bruise. She didn't notice the door of her room opened and closed until a person sat next to her. She immediately turned to see. Her father was sitting on bed with his head down. This was the first time her father had come to meet her since she started living here.

She didn't know what to feel. She was experiencing mixed emotions. Happy, that her father has finally come to see her ; sad, that he never bothered to think about his daughter Twinkle.

While she was thinking of the reason he had come here, she suddenly felt hands on her legs. She got up from her bed with lightening speed.

Richard: "Twinkle can I speak with you for a minute?"

Twinkle: "Sure sir, why are you asking? Please go ahead." She wanted to call him dad but was scared, as to what he would do if she calls him dad.

Richard: "Twinkle will you forgive me for all that I have done till now?"

Twinkle was shocked to see her father begging forgiveness. She was never angry on her father but, was hurt knowing that he was not there when she needed him.

Richard was waiting for Twinkle's reply but Twinkle was in her own thoughts. Richard thought that maybe he is not worth his daughter's forgivesness and that his daughter doesn't want him. He stood up to leave the room defeated but was shocked to hear his daughter,
" Sir, I will forgive you. I was never angry on you, but I was sad that there is no one for me in this world who will love me! Every girl's first hero is her dad but my dad didn't even notice me. Sir I love you and will always be loving you because you're the only family I have."

Richard was ashamed and hurt that his daughter was not able to call him dad.

"Sir, can I.. can I.. hug you once?" Twinkle asked with hopeful eyes. She wanted the warmth of her father. She wanted to know how her father's touch would be.

"Sure my baby girl come here!" he welcomed his daughter with open arms.

Twinkle didn't wait for him to call  second time, she was longing for his love.

"Thankyou so much dad, sorry.. 'sir'. I love you." Richard was broken hearing his daughter calling him sir.

"Baby girl I love you too. Promise me that you will call me dad from now."

Twinkle was happy to hear this but was scared that if Jade hears Twinkle calling Richard dad, Richard will fall into problem.
Richard left her room to get back to work.
Twinkle was on cloud nine having her father back, in that excitement she started doing her chores forgetting about the cut.
She cleaned the house, washed the clothes and cleaned the kitchen. She was heading towards Jade's room, but Tina called Twinkle to clean her room first. When Twinkle started cleaning she found few books and was staring intently at it. Tina saw this and asked Twinkle,
" Twinkle do you want to read those books?"

Twinkle was happy that she could get to read the books. Twinkle had not gone to school since she was 8 years. Jade didn't agree sending Twinkle to school, so Twinkle used to read Tina's books with the help of her grandpa Lucas who was willing to help her.

" Yes Tina I would love to read those books, can I borrow them?" Twinkle was eager to read them, but sadly she didn't know that nothing will be given free of cost.

Tina thought this will be very good oppurtunity to meet her boyfriend Eros. Tina was in love with her school friend Eros who was ready to elope and marry her. Jade came to know that she was meeting this boy and had ordered Tina that she is not allowed to meet him. She thought she can use Twinkle to meet him and asked her,
"Twinkle if you want to read these books you have to do me a favor in return!"

Twinkle: " Sure Tina what should I do?"

"Ok listen! I am going out to meet Eros. So if mom asks about me, tell her that I am sick and resting. "

Twinkle knew about Tina's love story but was scared to do what Tina asked her. At the same time she very badly wanted to read those books, so she said she would help Tina to meet him.

As said, Tina gave her the books and ran to meet her boyfriend.
Twinkle ran to her room to checkout the books. She was so engrosed in the book that she didn't notice the sun setting.

Twinkle didn't go to school but was educated with the books she got from Tina. She had very good knowledge. She not only studied from Tina's books but also from library books. Twinkle had two hours of free time everyday which she made use of it by going to the library which was nearby.
The owner of the library was a loving old man, who knew Twinkle's life story and gave Twinkle permission to read the books in the library. By this way Twinkle started educating herself.