CHAPTER 52

ANDREW POV

It's been three days since Twinkle has woken up. She doesn't talk to anyone, she doesn't reply to anything anyone asks. She just stays quite and lost in her thoughts. If anyone tries to go close to her, she flinches away.

It really hurts to see her like that. Today I got a call from the office. I never left Twinkle's side these three days other than for using washroom. But today I had to be at office. Though she doesn't talk to me, just by her presence next to me, brings immense happiness.

Twinkle was reading some book.
I went to her to bid her bye. I was about to kiss her on her forehead, but she turned her face. It stung my heart.

"Bye Twinkle! I will be back soon. Take care! " but the same, no reply.

I left the room taking one last look at her in hope she would tell bye. Ugh!! I have to have patience. When I was getting down, I noticed my mom talking to someone.

"Andrew! This is Twinkle's friend. She use to work with him. " my mom said.

"Hello Sir! I'm Steffan. It's nice to meet you. " he extended his hand towards me.

"Hello! I'm Andrew Lockwood, Twinkle's husband." I shakes hands with him.

"So how is Rachelle? How is the baby doing? I have come here to return her things back. I came to know that she will stay here." steffan said.

"Twinkle is doing good and even the baby. And by the way her name is Twinkle not Rachelle! Thank you for getting her things. I need to live now. Bye! " I stood up to leave but he stopped me.

"Mr. Lockwood, I don't know what made Twinkle change her name or why she was not with you. But I know one thing, she loved you so much. If you don't mind can you please stay? I need to talk to you. " he asked.

Suddenly I forgot about going to the office. I was interested about this more. I wanted to know about what he was to tell about Twinkle.

"Mom! Can you call Bruke and tell him to get my files from the office!" mom nodded and left.

When she came back, my whole family was with her. Everyone where interested in knowing about her. Richard and dad sat next to me.

"So what is it you wanted to tell?" I asked steffan.

"When Twinkle came in search of job, she looked very weak. She begged my manager to give her a job. My manager didn't agree because she was pregnant. Then she somehow convinced him. She use stay in our apartment along with four of my friends. She use to struggle so much. She use to sleep on the sofa.

We asked her many times to sleep in any of the room. But she would not agree. She use to tell that, ' I don't want to burden you more by taking away what is yours. You gave me shelter already. I can't take more than this. I owe you for this already.' she was really stubborn.

She use to work very hard. Even when everyone where resting, Twinkle will be doing something. Her health condition was very bad. Since she was weak, she was constantly falling ill.

She was saving the money to get her checkup. She wanted her baby to have a wonderful life. This bag here was very close to her. She use to always tell that, she loved her family. She wanted introduce this baby to them someday. That her baby should get all the love in the world.

She loved you so much Mr. Lockwood. She used to tell her baby about you. Please take care of her. She has gone through a hell hole. I have never seen such an hardworking person like her. She is an innocent girl. "
Steffan said.

I was the reason for her struggle. I was the reason behind her unhappiness. I felt like killing myself now. Steffan extended Twinkle's bag towards me. Inside the bag where charm bracelets.

I took one bracelet in hand. It was for Micheal. It has best bro charm on it. I already regret doubting them, but now seeing this I am ashamed of myself. Inside the bag there where many more bracelets. I didn't have the courage in me to look through the next one. So I just closed the bag.

"Mr. Lockwood! Can I see Twinkle once." I nodded at him. I took him to our room.

"Twinkle! Someone is here to see you." finally she responded. She raised her head to see who it was.

"Steffan!" after three days I'm hearing her voice. And the first word I hear escaping from her beautiful lips is 'Steffan'. I was jealous now. She not even once said my name in this whole while.

Steffan ran towards her and hugged her. She still looked shocked to see him. I couldn't see another male touching what's mine. When I touched Twinkle, she use to flinch away. But she's letting him hug her. Why isn't she stopping him? As if sensing my thoughts, she slowly pushed him.

She raised her head towards me. After so long I had her direct eye contact. I was lost in her eyes, that I didn't notice Steffan calling me.

"Mr. Lockwood! Twinkle and I where close friends. She use to always help me and even I use help her, right Twinkle." Steffan asked Twinkle. Twinkle nodded her head as a yes. Wow! She was replying to everything Steffan asked. But just with a nod. She didn't open her mouth again.

After sometime he bid her bye and left. Even i left along with him to go the company. Before going I gave her the bag which Steffan had given me.

She took the bag from my bad and hugged it. She had tears in eyes as she saw the bag. She raised her head and looked into my eyes, as if saying a silent thank-you. I smiled at her and left.

"Andrew, what was in that bag? " mom asked.

"She had the love for our family in that bag. When time permits she will only tell you what was there in it. " I said to everyone and left. It was not just my mom's question, but everyone's. My mom voiced it out.

TWINKLE'S POV

Whenever I see Andrew I get scared. Though he's showering me with love, I'm not able to accept it. I'm broke beyond repair. Everyday Jade, Nina, Tina come to talk to me. But I don't answer to any of there questions.

Eros tries to make me laugh, but I don't. I only talk to Elizabeth. Sometimes I feel ashamed to even talk to her, for leaving her without telling her. I feel that I cheated her. Ethan always jumps around me. I'm happy that he is married and is the same old naughty idiot towards me.

Both Elizabeth and Ethan didn't push me because of my past or because I cheated them. They accepted me which I'm totally grateful.

Today when Steffan came, I was so happy. When he hugged me, I could see fumes radiating from Andrew. Why was Andrew jealous seeing Steffan?

Should I forget everything for my baby and give Andrew a second chance. My heart tells me to give him chance, but my minds tells me not to give him a chance. I'm confused whether to give him a chance or not. Sometimes I almost give in to talk to him, but immediately the bad memories come with lighting speed and stops me.

When Andrew gave me the bag, I was so happy. I thought I will not have any gifts to give them during Christmas. But now since I have this bag, I can give it to them.