CHAPTER 39

SAMUEL POV

From the time Twinkle hugged me that day, I don't know how, but I'm attracted to this girl. No one made me feel like this. When I was standing in the balcony waiting for Ethan, I felt small hands hug me from behind.

I immediately pushed her thinking it was one of Ethan's flings. She fell down. I turned to see who it was. She looked so cute and innocent. I didn't know who she is and why was she is in this room.

Ethan helped her and put her on the bed. They both where speaking like two small kids arguing for chocolates. Later I understood that she is the girl mom had bought home.

I wish I had come home early. They both look so close to each other. I was jealous of my brother now. When my mother came to see Twinkle, why she had screamed, she scolded Ethan. Twinkle was laughing.

She looked so pretty. An epitome of beauty. She was so simple yet beautiful. Mom loves her so much. Once mom left, she asked Ethan to help her to her room. He being a flirt, started annoying her. He wanted her to tell him that she loves him, not happening.

I don't know why but I didnt want her to tell that she loves him. So I scooped her in my arms. She squealed. Aww her voice, her face. Everything! I mean everything! about her is driving me crazy. She fit so perfectly in my arms. She is so small. Suddenly she started prasing me.

Though it was only to ignite Ethan's already burning fire, I loved it. I like her. She wanted to be my girlfriend. How I wish I could tell her that I agree to be her boyfriend. But I stopped myself. When I placed her on the bed, she tried speaking to me.

I'm getting attracted towards her. My feelings were increasing. I had to control it. So I avoided her from that day. I went back to drinking.

Today she came to my room to talk to me. She asked me why I was punishing myself. That I'm hurting mom. She also asked me to share my problems with her. I don't know why but I wanted to hug her.

I hugged her so tightly. She also hugged me back. I couldn't control anymore so I cried. I couldn't tell my pain to anyone. Now she is asking and even I want to tell her. I wanted to hug her and not leave her. But I was scared what she would feel. So I let go of her. I sat on the couch. She also sat next to me.

"Twinkle I killed my dad! "

"what!! "she screamed. Thank God everyone is asleep. I didn't want anyone to know about this.

"Twinkle it's my mistake. I should have saved him. He was asking me to save him, but I couldn't." I started sobbing again. She came close to me and hugged me again.

"Samuel if you don't feel like telling, it's OK. I can understand. Don't stress yourself."

"No Twinkle! I want to tell you. I and dad met with an accident. We both were coming back from a meeting. We had won a big deal. It could make us a top company. We wanted to share this news with my mom directly.

I was driving the car fastly. I was thinking about how I can make my dad proud of me. I didn't notice lights coming towards us. Dad screamed alerting me, I immediately turned towards the left. It was a wrong move. We directly crashed into tree.

I lost my dad Twinkle! I lost him. I killed him! I killed him! " she hugged me tightly. I continued sobbing.

"Samuel, it's not your mistake. You couldn't stop what has to happen. It was time for your father to leave your family. He would be taking rest now. He would be happy seeing his son doing great in business. Stop blaming yourself. It's not your mistake. Things always doesn't happen how we want. Your dad will not like seeing you like this. Now promise me that you will stop all this. Stop blaming and stop drinking!" I looked up to see her.

Her eyes spoke so many things. For the first time I felt relaxed. I felt as if a burden was removed my shoulder. Twinkle changed me! Only she could bring this out from me. It's been five years since I'm trying to get this out of my system. She made it possible.

"Twinkle! I promise." she smiled and held my hand.

"Twinkle can I sleep in your lap." she hesitated at first but later she agreed. I placed my head on her lap. She kept stroking me hair. She was running her hands through my hair and was humming some song.

After a long time I slept peacefully. It's been five years since I slept like this. No tensions, no guilt, no hurt. I slept feeling loved. I love Twinkle! Yes I love her! She is mine!

The next morning I felt sun rays on my face. I slowly opened my eyes. As soon as I opened my eyes I saw Twinkle. Her fingers were in my hair. I remembered the things happened last night. She looked so peaceful sleeping. Looks like she fell asleep her itself. Maybe she didn't want to wake me yesterday.

How sweet of her. Her neck might be paining. She was resting her head on the headrest on the couch. Her mouth was slightly open. I wish I could wake up to a view like this everyday. I didn't want to wake up from her lap, but I know she would be feeling it difficult.

When I was about to get up the door to my room opened. Mom came in. She saw me sleeping on Twinkle's lap. She smiled at the view. I think she liked what she was seeing. She came in. I got up from Twinkle's lap.

I placed Twinkle properly on the bed. She squirmed but later fell asleep. She had a smile on her face. I turned to mom to see her also smiling.

"Son do you like Twinkle?" I didn't know what to answer. I'm sure I loved her. But I don't know what mom would feel.

"Yes Mom! I love her! I want to marry her and make her my wife. My princess!" I said to mom.

Mom hugged me. She squealed so loudly. I immediately pulled her out of the room. Thank God Twinkle didn't wake up.

"Mom! What are you doing? She would have woken up." I was angry at mom now.

"Aww my Sam is in love. Son I agree to this marriage, but I'm not gonna force Twinkle. If she agrees to marry you than you have my blessings. Even i want her to become my daughter-in-law. Don't break her heart. She is more important to me than you. Understood! " I chucked at her. What she loves Twinkle more than us. But I'm OK with it. Twinkle deserves the world.

"Mom you don't love me? " I asked offended. It was just a joke though.

"Yes my boy. Sorry to burst your ego, but I love her. Now go and get ready. I don't know why she was with you or what happened. But I'm happy that you are happy. It's been five years since you smiled. This baby girl bought the best out of you." mom said.

I went back inside to see her. She snuggled deeper into the duvet. I went and sat next to her. I stroked her cheeks slowly. I smiled even more. Aww she is so cute. Twinkle I don't know about hour past. I don't care about it. I want you and I will get you.
I will protect you from all danger.
"I love you Twinkle!" I kissed her forehead.