CHAPTER 21

TWINKLE POV

I can't put Luke in trouble. He has a family to take care. If I leave, he will have this job. OK then!
"OK! I will leave this house. Only if you promise that Luke will get back his job." I told Nina.

She nodded. Luke tried stopping me, but I didn't care. I want my brother to be happy. This job pays him well and he can lead a happy life.
"What are you still doing here? Get out! " saying Nina shut the door on my face.

I stood outside crying hysterically. I wish this was dream. Nina opening the door and telling it's a fool! But that's never gonna happen. Luke tried talking to me. But I didn't pay attention to him. I kept staring at the door, hoping Nina will forgive me.

Luke couldn't take it anymore, "Twinkle come with me. No one is gonna come out to help you. Come let's go." Luke pulled me with him.

I pulled my hand back, "No Luke. It's a joke. They are just playing with me. They will open the door, just wait and watch." I myself didn't believe what I said, but I can't loose hope.

He also started crying. I feel on my knees, I had no energy. Luke held my fave in his hands,
"Look at me Twinkle. No one is coming out from there. They don't want you. You're not part of their life's anymore. Did you understand what I'm talking. Now get up and come with me."

This time even I didn't have the energy to reply. He took my silence as yes and carried me out of the house to the car. He placed me in the passenger seat and locked the door. He took me to his home.

"Susan, look who is here! " Luke called his wife.

Susan is a very beautiful girl. She is also a orphan. She use to always tell me to be strong. She had crossed so many hurdles to become what she is now. A mother a beautiful daughter, Anya. Anya is a 4 month old baby. She is like her father.

Susan came out cradling her daughter in her arms. The baby was peaceful sleeping on her chest. Anya's lips were slightly parted. There was also drool near her lips. We could hear her soft snoring. She looked so peaceful.

As soon as Susan saw me, she squealed like a five year old girl, jumping seeing chocolates. The way she squealed woke Anya. Anya started crying. Luke was surprised seeing his wife acting like a small girl.
"Susan hold your excitement. Look Anya is crying now." Luke said to Susan.

Susan shrugged and handed Anya to him, "I have Taken care of your girl from morning. So now you take care of her while I enjoy sometime with my dear sister-in-law here. " she pulled me for a bear hug.

Her hug was so comfortable. But I just hugged a little. She understood my hesitation and pulled back to look at me. She raised her eyebrow and gave me a overall look, 'are you hiding something from me' look. If was quite surprising. I didn't respond so Luke answered,
"Susan, put Anya in the cradle and come. I have something to tell you." Susan nodded her head and took Anya  with her.

"Twinkle, sit down. This your house also Twinkle. Feel free." Luke placed his hand on mine in a comforting manner. I couldn't take it anymore. I hugged him and cried. He didn't try consoling me,
"Cry as much as you want Twinkle. Drain all your pain with the tears."
I started rubbing my back.

Susan came back and sat next to me on the other side. I pulled back from Luke and hugged her. Later I was sleeping on the sofa, lying my head on Susan's lap. She was running her hands through my her in a comforting manner.

Luke explained everything. Susan immediately stood up. She forgot I was sleeping, the impact made me stumble and fall on the floor. She immediately helped me stand up.
"Oh my God! I'm sorry Twinkle. I was totally shocked that I forgot about you." She turned towards Luke and continued.

"What kind of a brother are you? How did you let this happen to your sister? If I was there, I would kicked her ass. How dare she did this to Twinkle? " Susan kept walking and rambling. God! she was more than furious.

Thank God she was not there. She would have killed Nina on spot. Yes Susan is a fighter. Her life made her become a fighter.
"Twinkle, listen to me! We're there for you. This your house. Your my husband's sister, which means you're my sister-in-law. From today you will stay with us." I stared at her not knowing what to tell. I just nodded.

"Wow! Now Anya will a great friend to play with. She has aunt to take care of her. Twinkle you rest for sometime while I prepare something for you." Susan said.

Luke took me to room. He stayed next to me until I fell asleep.

Later when I woke up, my eyes were burning with pain. I looked like a zombie. Sighing I look bath and wore Susan's clothes. I didn't have anything as I was thrown out of house empty handed.

Once I freshened, I sat on the bed. My mind drifted back to Andrew. Did he get to know by now? What would his reaction be if he knows this? Ofcourse he will be happy, he always wanted me out of his life. I hope he is happy. I love you Andrew. I didn't know I was crying until, Luke wiped the tears on my face. I forced a smile but failed miserably. He had bought food for me.

"Twinkle forget about past. Now you're with us and that's what matters. Enough of crying, look at you. How weak you're? What will I tell to Mickey ?" Luke asked.

At the mention of Michael's name, my heart skipped a beat.

"Promise me that you'll not tell him anything. He should not know. He already lost his friend because of me. I don't want him to do something which would make him regret later." Luke shook his head.

"Michael deserves to know. Nothing will happen. I'm going to tell him everything what happended."

"please don't tell him. I don't want to loose him too. I have lost enough people in my life already. I can't take it anymore. Please promise me."

He sighed and nodded. " OK I will promise, but on one condition. You'll take care of your health and be happy. You'll forget everything happened and stay with us. OK? "
I nodded. I had food and took some painkillers. My head was aching due to crying.

Sorry Luke bro! I'm not going to forget anything and I'm not going to stay here. I don't want to be a burden. It's already difficult for you to run this house, I don't like to be extra baggage. And if Nina comes to know I'm staying with you, you will loose your job. There would no point in me leaving the house and coming for you. So I'm leaving today night.

It was night and everyone were asleep. I got up and packed few clothes which I'm borrowing from Susan. I found a paper and pen on the table. I wrote a letter to Susan and Luke, thanking them for helping me and loving me.

Luke I'm sorry that I'm leaving without informing. Thank you so much for everything. I will always remember your kindness and love towards me. I don't want Nina to know about me being in your house. You might loose your job. I don't want to be extra baggage. I have taken few clothes of Susan. I will try paying back the money for them. I know your very angry on me, but please try to understand. I can't stay here. Take care of Susan and Anya. I love you all. Tell Anya that I will surely come one day to see her. Please don't search for me. Susan I love you so much. You were like my mother. Luke don't replace me with someone else. I want to always be your little sister. I love you all so much. Take care of Andrew for me. See that he is happy. If he is happy then I will be happy. I love him so much. Don't be angry on anyone, not even Nina. She did it by mistake. She is also a good mother. She always wanted the best for her son, I'm not the best. Take care of everyone for me. Love you loads. Good bye!!

I placed the letter on the table. I took the bag. I looked back once more and left the house. I kept walking. I dont know where this is going to lead me.