CHAPTER 19

TWINKLE POV

Oh my God! Andrew kissed me again. I was so happy. But again I didn't reciprocate. I don't know how to do or what to do. I'm scared. I love him but I'm scared.

I couldn't eat anything. If I eat anything I immediately start puking. I want to go to hospital but I don't have money. And also I'm scared to go alone. I should ask money from Andrew.

Later I went back to do my work. Later in the evening when Andrew returned I went to our room.
"Mr. Lockwood! I.. I.. "

"speak up woman! I don't have time for your nonsense." he said.

"I want some money."

"Now I know why you took care of me. You are a gold digger. How much you want in return for taking care of me. 1 million or 2?" he asked, anger radiating from him.

"No your misunderstanding. I didnt take care of you for that. I want money becau.." he cut me off in the middle.

He went to the locker and took few bundles from it. He threw the money on my face, "Take it. This is why you married me right. Take it, do you want more madam? " he asked fully furious.

"Mr. Lockwood let me explain. It's not what you think. I want this money to... " he went out of the room before I complete the sentence.

I took the money which he threw and placed it back in the locker. I felt humiliated again. My husband thinks I'm a gold digger. I wanted money to go to hospital. I'm never going to hospital. I can't after what happened now.

One week had passed but my sickness didn't fade. Mickey told me, he would take me. But I told no. I want my husband to come with me. I want him to ask if anything was wrong.

When I was cleaning I saw raw mangoes. I immediately felt like eating them. I washed my hand and went to take it. But Nina stopped me,
"How dare you try to touch that! That's for Andrew. He likes raw mango."

"Sorry ma'am I didn't know. Can I have one?" I asked her.

"No you can't." saying she left the kitchen.

But I don't know why I wanted to have them very badly. I took one in my hand. It was immediately snatched from my hand. I looked up see a furious Nina.
"I said you already, you can't have this. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF DONT TOUCH IT." she screamed on top of her lungs.

I was still staring at them. So she pulled towards the stove. She turned on the burner and placed my hand on top of it.

I screamed with pain. She let go my hand. I placed my hand under the running tap. Even the cold water didn't saath the pain. I cried with pain, but no one cared. I couldn't take it, I took ice cubes from the fridge and placed it on my hand, but still the burning pain didn't subside. I took cold peas put even it didn't work. It stings so badly.

I went back to room and checked in the first aid kit for ointment. There was nothing which would help me. I tied a wet cloth around my hand, since I didn't have other option.

My hand was totally red. I cried again and again. I asked for death to take me, the pain was unbearable. Later Luke bought me some meds and a pain killer. He was applying the medicine on my hand. Nina noticed this and snatched the medicine and threw it away.

She glared at me and Luke. She was cursing something which wasn't audible. I couldn't work because of the pain. Even Nina didn't shout at me for not working. In the evening she only cooked. I was in my room. Nina said I was not allowed to tell anyone what happened. So I avoided them, because I didn't want to lie.

Next day I went for grocery shopping. I met Michael. As soon as he saw me, he came running towards me. He took my hand and examined it.
"How is it?" he asked with concern.

I gave a small smile and answered, "It stings a bit. But it's not something, I can't manage. I have been through more than this before, so it's OK." I said him.

"What do you mean by 'you have been through more than this before'?"he asked.

Shit! He doesn't know about the torture Jade had given me.
"It's nothing... It's just slip of tongue..  Ha Ya.. Slip of tongue." I laughed at the end.

He didn't buy it, "Twinkle what are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing! Nothing!"
He understood I didn't want to talk about it, so he changed the subject.

He tried bringing it up again but I stopped him.
"Twinkle close your eyes."

"Why? "

"Just Shutup for once and listen to me. Close your eyes."

I closed my eyes. There was a chain places around my neck. Once he was done, he asked me to open my eyes.

I opened and was happy to see the chain. It is my mother's chain. He fixed it. I'm so happy, I hugged him.
"Thank you! Thank you so much! You made me so happy today." I was jumping on him.

ANDREW POV

I completed the meeting with my clients. They didn't want to discuss it in office, so we where in this small restaurant. I was about to leave, but someone caught my attention. Actually not just one person, they were two. It was Twinkle and Michael.

I was so angry on her. I thought she cared for me, that's the reason she took care of me. But she asked money on return. And now she is with Michael. I felt betrayed. Michael and Twinkle were talking and laughing. Later he got up and placed a chain around her neck. She opened her eyes and was so happy to see it. She immediately jumped on him and hugged him.

They couldn't see me, since I was inside the restaurant. They were outside enjoying the nature. I couldn't tolerate it. My friend betrayed me. My wife is cheating on me.

I left the restaurant hoping they would notice me and stop there romance. But both didn't even notice me. I passed by their table, but still they were hugging each other. Both were smiling.

I went to my car and got in. I drove to the nearby bar. Even after knowing about her character, why am I getting angry seeing her with Michael? That is because, you feel Michael betrayed you. He chooses her over you. You have fallen for her charms. I can't let her ruin me. I have to do something.

Meanwhile Twinkle had gone home happily, thinking she has her mother with her now. She was so happy that she forgot about the pain and did all the work happily.

As days pass by her sickness grew. She didn't know what was happening to her.