CHAPTER 8

Twinkle didn't know where to go. She stool in the hall waiting for someone who could guide her. Later Twinkle thought that it was of know use standing and waiting for someone, so she searched if there is anyone who could guide her. She opened a door which led her through a beautiful garden, she saw a woman who's in late fifties working in the garden. She tried to grab that woman's attention.

Twinkle tried calling her, "Excuse me, can you please guide me to my room?"

Martha was cleaning the garden. Martha is Andrew's servant, but Andrew loves her like a mother. She took care of Andrew from the time he was born. Martha didn't want to leave his side still now, though he was grown enough to take care of himself.

Martha heard a sweet voice behind her calling for help, she turned towards the source of the voice and was stunned seeing a beautiful girl standing in the garden like princess.
She immediately felt the feeling that she would do anything to protect her from any harm in this world. She wanted to love and take of this girl.

"Hello my dear, how may I help you?",she asked Twinkle.

Twinkle answered her, "Hello! My name is Twinkle Steward, sorry I mean Twinkle Lockwood. I'm Andrew's wife. I don't know where my room is, can you help me in finding my room? "

Martha was amused seeing Twinkle struggling to speak. She understood that Twinkle was shy and finding it difficult to interact with new people. But what shocked Martha was that, why was Twinkle alone? Why was Andrew not with Twinkle?

Martha replied to Twinkle, "Sure dear I will guide you. Just give me a minute."

Once Martha reached Twinkle,  Twinkle asked her, "Ma'am can I know your name?"

"Oh sorry dear! where are my manners? Let me introduce to you first, my name is Martha. I'm Andrew's servant."

They both entered the hall and went towards Andrew's room. Martha knocked once on Andrew's room door. Andrew opened the door and smiled at Martha lovingly.

He asked Martha, "Hello Martha! What brings you here?"

"Hello to you to young man. Can you please answer me as to what this beautiful girl is doing all alone in the hall.",Andrew was amused to see Martha angry.

"Which girl are you talking about?", he asked Martha.

"Oh really. What has gotten into your head? Why is your wife alone in the hall and doesn't know which is her room?"

"listen Martha! She is not my wife. She my enemy. She ruined all my happiness. Just take her to some room. She is a bitch!", Martha was enraged listening to Andrew. She never saw Andrew this angry.

Andrew is not this cruel towards anyone. If Andrew is this angry on Twinkle, then there is surely some reason. Maybe Twinkle is bad, maybe she was acting like a innocent girl in front of me. I want answers right now.

Martha went towards Twinkle and showed Twinkle the room in which Twinkle will stay.

Twinkle noticed the change in Martha's behaviour. She asked Martha," Ma'am is anything wrong?"

Martha shrugged her shoulders and walked away without answering Twinkle.

Twinkle was confused with the sudden change and thought maybe she had done something wrong which made Martha angry on her. She made a note that she have to apologize to Martha later. She was very tired with the drama and the marriage. She took a bath and changed into her pj's. She slept that night without having food.

The next day Twinkle was woken up by the sun rays hitting on her face through the windows. She got up and saw Martha standing near her door with some clothes. She noticed that Martha was still angry on her. She thanked Martha for the clothes and informed her she would be down once is she dressed. Martha nodded her head and left the room.

Twinkle was pleased with the dress. She immediately cleaned and wore the dress. She loved the dress. This was the first time Twinkle got to wear something so beautiful other than wedding gown which she wore yesterday. She was thankful towards Andrew for giving her such beautiful dress.

She went down to have her breakfast. She saw Andrew already having his breakfast. She thought she was late and immediately rushed to the dining table. Once she her presence known, she greeted Andrew and then Martha. Both didn't bother greeting her back.

Andrew didn't want to sit with her. So he left his breakfast half eaten and left Twinkle alone near the breakfast table telling Martha he had an important meeting. Martha glared at Twinkle. If Twinkle was not here Andrew would have eaten his breakfast happily.

Twinkle understood that Andrew didn't eat because he didn't want her presence near him. She was so hungry as she didn't have anything last night. But she lost her appetite thinking she was the reason he left without eating. So even she left the table without eating. Martha noticed this and thought, maybe this is also her act of showing that she loves Andrew.

That day Andrew didn't return home. Twinkle tried apologizing Martha, but was not given a chance. Martha was telling her that she was busy and doesn't have time for silly talks. Twinkle waited for Andrew to return. She wanted to have dinner with him. She didn't have anything the whole day. She was guilty the Andrew left to his work this morning without having breakfast.

She thought it was of no use waiting and left to her room. She was hungry but didn't want to eat without him. She tried sleeping but her guilt didn't let her sleep.

Martha got a call, "Hello, How can I help you?"

Andrew answered, "Martha don't wait for me, I'm not coming home today."

"But why? I have prepared everything.",asked Martha

"Martha, I'm not in mood today, so you have dinner and go sleep. Take care and good night." Andrew replied.

Martha was feeling sad for Andrew, "Ok Andrew. Take care and good night sweetheart."

As told Martha thought of eating first. She sat in one of the chair. She opened the lid of the dishes and was shocked. Not even one single dish was touched. All were the same as she kept after cooking. Which means Twinkle didn't eat anything.

She was getting irritated with the act Twinkle was pulling up. She was angry that Andrew didn't return home because of her being in this house.

Meanwhile Twinkle was sad that she had no one to talk to. She stood in balcony watching the moon and wishing that her mother was with her,  protecting her, loving her. She fell asleep on the couch watching the stars.

Next day Twinkle was not in mood to even go down. She stayed in her room. She heard Martha telling someone that Andrew didn't come home yesterday. She was weak because she didn't have anything yesterday and the day before. But she didn't have any appetite. She stayed in her room and watched Martha cleaning the garden. She thought maybe she could go and apologize to Martha now.