CHAPTER 9

MARTHA POV

I was working in garden. I noticed that Twinkle didn't come down for the breakfast morning. I want to know why Twinkle was pulling up good girl act. I can't see Andrew suffering. Deciding to confront Twinkle, I left the garden to go meet her.

As soon as I entered the hall, I saw Twinkle walking towards me. She looked weak. She wanted to tell me something but looks like she was scared that I would stop her again.

So I asked her, "Twinkle! Do you want to tell anything?"

Twinkle nodded her head and said, "Sorry ma'am!"

I was stunned to hear her asking sorry. But why was she asking sorry? I turned the opposite direction not wanting to see her face and asked her,
"Twinkle but why are you asking me sorry?"

"I don't know. You were not talking to me. So I taught I have done something wrong because of which you don't talk to me." ,Twinkle replied.

"Twinkle I want to know why Andrew is avoiding you? Why are you in his life? Why are you torturing him?" I asked her. I wanted answers today.

I was waiting for her reply but I didn't get any. So I turned to look at her for the reply.

Twinkle was sweating profusely and was struggling to stand. She tried telling something but fell unconscious. I was scared seeing her falling limp. I immediately called the doctor and asked him to come home. I tried calling Andrew but he was receiving. With the help of Bruke, we took her to the room and laid her on the bed. I was trying to wake her up but it was of no use.

Doctor arrived and checked her. He said that she was weak and requires lot of rest. He also said something which shocked me, "Looks like she had not eaten anything from few days.  She is very weak. Her body is lacking nutrients. I will prescribe some medicines. Give it to her on time."

I asked him, "Doctor! She didn't have food for yesterday. Just for one day will anyone become so weak?"

"No it looks like she isn't talking proper food from a long time. And looks like she is in depression which added up to the lack of energy. So she fell unconscious." Doctor replied.

"Ok Doctor, we shall take care of her. Thank you?!"

"Remember one thing, she is very weak and requires rest", Doctor said and left.

As soon as he left I waited for Twinkle to wake up. Meanwhile I got a call from Andrew.
"Sorry ma I was in a meeting, I couldn't pick the call. Is there anything important?"

I was confused whether I should let him know or not. After deciding I should tell, "Andrew sorry to disturb you but Twinkle fe.. "

He cut me of in the middle itself, "if it's anything related to her please don't bother calling me. I have better work to do than listen about her. If that is it, bye!"

I saw Twinkle trying to wake up, I helped her sitting up. I gave her soup which she rejected. I can't take it anymore, "Twinkle Doctor said you are weak and not having proper food. He also said that your going through depression. I want answers! What's going on?"

She figetted first but later replied, " Ma'am I don't know why your angry but I'm sorry if I have done anything. I.. I.. "Twinkle started crying.

I was confused. Why on earth is she crying now? "Twinkle if you don't want to talk we shall talk later. Take rest."

She stopped me, "No Ma'am ! There is no point in me pushing this. Martha Andrew had to marry my sister. My sis was in love with someone else so she ran away. So they replaced me as the bride and I got married to Andrew."

I was shocked to here this. Andrew loves Tina, since she ran away he got married to Twinkle. But why was twinkle weak? Why was she going through depression?

Twinkle continued, "Ma'am I don't know whether I can share this with someone, but I want to tell you something which you may not believe. Ma'am my mom expired when I was 8 years. Later my father took me to his house. My mom was not married to my father, they were in a relationship which was not correct. My step mom treated me like a servant. She use to hit me, make me work and she never allowed me to study.

She doesn't like me. I wanted love. My father didn't bother about me. They use to call me bitch, whore. I'm not ma'am, I'm not a whore. I swear on my mom. I never experienced love from anyone other than my mom. I am weak because my step mom never allowed me to eat properly. I use to eat only twice a day, sometimes nothing.

And you want to know why I was going through depression right? Ok listen! I want love ma'am. I thought maybe after marriage everything will change and my husband will love me. But no! Andrew doesn't even look at me. I don't want to live. There is no one for me."Twinkle started crying.

I was shocked to hear that Twinkle went through all this. I wanted to comfort her but was ashamed that I also blamed Twinkle.

So I left Twinkle in and left the room. I felt guilty. But I was still not knowing the reason, why was Andrew angry on her? I decided, Twinkle is my child, my daughter. I will love her. I will take care of her.

I made hot chicken soup for her. I hope she will like it. I want my daughter to have all happiness in this world. My gem will happy and that is what I want. I entered her room with the soup, she was so deep in her thought's that she didn't notice the tears flowing like streams down her face.
"Babygirl! Wake up dear, have something. " I placed a kiss on her forehead. She was shocked with the kiss. She touched her forehead twice to check whether this ir real. I laughed at her.

"Babygirl don't worry. It's real, I kissed you. It's not a dream. Come on now drink this soup before it turns cold."I held the spoon to her mouth and asked her to drink.

She took the first spoon and smiled, telling it was good. I was happy she liked it. She completed the soup without any complaints. She still looked tired so I asked her to take tablets and rest. She as a obedient girl obeyed my orders. I wanted to tell her one more thing, "Babygirl from today your going to call me mom. Your my daughter and I'm your mom. Did you get it?"

She smiled and replied with love, "yes mom! "

I was happy and now it is time for me to make things proper between Andrew and Twinkle.

Andrew I want proper explanation for not treating my daughter well. I called him and asked him to come home early.