8: misterious forest/Randy {1}

Age: Andy:18 / Rye:19

Andy

I just recently moved here and I was looking around the city, trying to get to know my way around. I was walking down a road.

I walked and walked, about ten minutes later I came to a forest. It looked really misterious. Almost as if it was from a movie.

The fog hung deep in the trees. The screams of owls crowded through the forest. I even thought to hear that wolves were howling. It looked really magical and mystical.

As I haven't had anything to do anyways, I decided to go into the forest. It was directly next to the town so clearly nothing would happen. Right?

I walked into the forest and saw nothing at first. It was already dark as it was around 6 p.m. After a few minutes my eyes accustomed to the loss of light and I began to see a little bit again.

I went further into the forest, it looked really beautiful with all the fog. But suddendly I heard wolves howling. Maybe it was just imagination? I mean there can't be wolves, can there? It's the middle of england.

I wanted to know my way around in this forest so I went further and further into it. That probably wasn't the best idea. About two hours later I was so deep into the woods that I didn't know my way out anymore. I didn't know which direction was out and which was deeper in.

Suddendly I heard whimpering. Was there someone? But there couldn't be someone. I was in the middle off a forest at about 9 p.m. How could there possibly be someone?

Then I heard it again. It sounded like the mixture of wolf howling and human sounds. Not any sounds though. It sounded like someone was in pain. The whimpering came through to me. Who was there?

I decided to look and find the person. What if they were injured and in pain. I listened carefully to make out the direction I needed to go. After a bit I started to head to my left. It seemed like the sound had come from there.

A few minutes later I came to a clearing in the woods. And then I saw it. A figure was laying huddled up on the forest floor.

I ran up to it. It looked like a boy around my age. "Hello?", I asked. He just whimpered in response. "Are you ok? What happened?" Again just whimpering. "Are you hurt?", I asked desperatly, I really wanted an answer. I was worried. I crouched down next to him.

All of a sudden the person began coughing. He sat up and when he saw me he startled. I guess he only just realised I was there. "Hey it's alright. I'm not gonna hurt you.", I said and tried to take his hand. He backed away. He really seemed scared. "I'm Andy, I'm not here to hurt you. What happened, are you ok?"

Slowly he started to relax. "R-Rye... I'm Rye", he said. I smiled at him. "What happened. Why are you here?", I asked again. His face fell: "Oh uhhh nothing. You really shouldn't be here. Go home." Now I was really confused.

"I'll show you the way out, come on.", Rye said. We slowly stood up. He looked like he was still in pain. "Hey, you ok?", I asked worried. "Yea, yea I'm fine, lets go", he said firmly.

We walked for about an hour and still weren't out of the woods. He seemed to know his way around in the forest. For me everything looked the same. Every tree, every rock and every bush. It all looked the same.

What if I hadn't found him? Would I still be wandering disoriented through the forest? And would he still be laying at that clearing?

We talked a lot as we made our way out. We got to know each other. Although it seemed like I talked a lot more. I talked about me. I told him about my past and everything else but everytime I would ask Rye about him, he would talk about something else. He would dodge my question.

When we reached edge of the woods it was nearly one a.m. "Do you find your way home?", Rye asked. "Yea I suppose", I answered. "Good", he said and was about to turn around. "Wait. Can we meet again?", I asked shyly. "Um yea sure. Tomorrow exactly here, 9 p.m. Don't be late", he said before disappearing in the woods. I sighed and made my way home.

While walking home I thought a lot. There were so many questions in my head. Who was he? Why was he in the woods? Why did he know the forest like it was his back pocket? Why did he want to meet at the forest again? But mainly, why did he go back into it?

Hey. So that's the first part. I really hope you like it. I put much effort in it. I will post the second part tomorrow. Please comment and tell me what you think. Vote if you want and send in requests. 💖
21.01.2019
Words: 824