44: Know You?/Randy

Idea-credits to randy_stanner on instagram

Andy

After a long ass day at university I return to my dorm room. When I open the door, I see Ryan Beaumont, my roommate. He's sitting on his bed scrolling through his phone and even though you'll think that's nothing, it's already annoying me. He's just always annoying. We never came along well. We always got on each others nerves, from the first second on. I really wish I had another roommate, but we got paired up.

I head over to my half of the room and take my phone. Instantly a smile spreads on my lips when I see a message from my best friend. We got to know each other online. He messaged me due to a post I shared on my story saying that he liked it as well.
As quick as possible I open my phone and go on instagram.

Theonlyrealbee: Hey. My roommate just came back. Ugh, he's already so annoying. Anyway, what did you do today?💗

Fovvsthecactus: I was at uni. Wasn't that spectacular. And you?💓

Theonlyrealbee: Same. And now I'm bored 😔💗

Fovvsthecactus: Aww poor you 😂💓

He helps me so much. He lets me rant to him about Ryan. I mean he can understand me, he has an annoying roommate as well. I just love Rye, my best friend, so much. Sometimes I even think I fell in love with him. He's always so supportive and helps me out of my holes. On the other side, I've never seen a photo of him. We just never sent some. But I think it's not that important to know what he looks like. It's way more important that we stick together and can trust each other.

"I'm gonna go shower", Ryan tears me out of my thoughts. "Okay, but hurry up. I want to go too", I answer and watch him leave into the bathroom, but not after saying. "Yeah, whatever" Sighing I turn back to my phone. Sometimes I wish we'd come along better.

Fovvsthecactus: I'm gonna meet my little cousine again after a year. Finally. I'm so excited💓

I don't get an answer directly so I put my phone down. Maybe he needs to study and isn't on his phone right now. I'm just greatful to have him. I know I can tell him everything.
I take the book I've started from my nightstand and start reading.

The next time I come back to reality is when Ryan leaves the bathroom. I grab my stuff and go to take a shower. I step out of my clothes and into the shower. There, I let the warm water run down my body. I quickly wash my hair and body.
When I come back into the main room, I see the little lamp of my phone blinking. Excited I get it.

Theonlyrealbee: That's so cool. But um when, because I wanted to ask you something... 💗

Fovvsthecactus: Next month on a weekend. I'm supposed to look after her because my aunt and uncle want some alone time. 💓
Fovvsthecactus: I still can't believe it.. ahhh💓

Theonlyrealbee: Aww bless you little cutie 💗
Theonlyrealbee: But um.. I wanted to ask if you maybe wanna meet. Idk it's probably a weird question. But I thought, since we live in the same city... 💗

Fovvsthecactus: Of course I want to meet you!!! 💓

I am actually so excited! I'm going to meet Rye, finally. I thought about that so long but always got to scared to ask.

Now my best friend and I are discussing the place and time. And guess what... He wants to already meet me this weekend. Only six fucking days to go!

~~~
"Shut up Ryan!", I yell, annoyed.
"No, you shut up!", he yelled back.
"Ugh, you're so annoying. Just leave me alone!"
"Fine.. whatever."
"Fuck off!", I was furious.

Just a few minutes ago, when I came into the dorm room and wanted to sit down on my bed, all of Rye's stuff was laying on it. On my fucking bed! After seeing that I asked him to put it away. Laughing at me, he just shook his head and turned back to his phone.

"Ryan! Put your stuff from my bed.. Now!"
"Oh, I thought you wanted me to leave you alone.", he sasses back.
"I want you to put your stuff away and then fuck off", I yell.
When he finally gets to work i grab my phone and immediately open instagram. I need Rye right now. He always listens when I have to rant.

Fovvsthecactus: I just argued with my roommate again. Honestly, he's so annoying. I can't believe it! Idiot!

Theonlyrealbee: Sorry to hear that. And same, I'm so mad at my roommate. He's yelling at me for no reason🙄

Fovvsthecactus: Just try and ignore him. That's probably the best 💓

We text for a little bit, and my best friend actually manages to make me happy. Every time. That's what I love so much about him.

~~~
Today is the day. I'm gonna meet Rye in only one fucking hour. Hastily I rush through my dorm room. Surching my favourite t-shirt and decent jeans. Then I frantically try to do my hair. Half panicking I look at the clock.
"What got you that nervous?", my roommate startles me and laughs.
"Fuck off!", I say, grab my things and leave the room.

Fovvsthecactus: I'm nearly there 💓

I text Rye when I'm just around the corner of the park, where we're supposed to meet.

Theonlyrealbee: Okay. Give me five minutes, I'm on my way 💗

My best friend texts back. Feeling my heart speed up. Quickly I text him that I'm at the big tree in the middle of the park, waiting for him. I look around trying to find him. Even though I don't even know what he looks like. We only told each other what we are wearing. No one comes to this park anyway.

About three minutes later I see a figure making their way towards the tree. Squinting my eyes, I try to see what he looks like. I can see a mob of brown hair, going up and down with each of his steps.

Once he stands in front of me, he looks up. Our faces turn shocked at the same time, recognizing the other.
"R-ryan? Why... What are you...?", I stutter, lost of words.
"Um.. I, Andy... we. Oh god this is embarrassing." I hear him mutter under his breath.

I can't believe that I consider Ryan as my best friend. I can't believe it's him. We complained about each other all the time. Ugh, how can I like him and don't like him at the same time? Is that even possible? I mean-

"Andy?", Rye snappes his fingers in front of my face. "Look. I know this is really weird right now. But like, I really like you, well the texting one." He lets out a small laugh. "I thought, um.. well maybe we could start over, without us getting annoyed at each other in real life."
"Yeah", I smile, "I'd like that."

"Okay, well. Hello, I'm Ryan. But you can call me Rye"
"I'm Andy... just Andy"
We both laugh and Rye pulls me into a hug.

Words: 1216
19.07.2019
I hope you like it. This is not supposed to have a second part! Anyways, sorry that there was like a two week break. But I'll try to post more regularly now. Please comment and vote. Love you 💖