8: misterious forest/Randy {2}

Andy

The next evening I went to the forest again. When I arrived Rye was already waiting for me. As soon as he saw me walking towards him he smiled and waved. "Hey", I said when I stood next to him.

"Hey. What do you wanna do?", he asked me. "Umm I don't know. I don't know much around here.", I answered. "Wanna go into the woods?", he asked sounding excited. I just nodded.

He turned around and started to walk into the forest. I followed him hesitantly. The forest still looked the same as yesterday.

The fog laid beep between the trees and by now I was pretty sure there were wolves in this forest. It looked and sounded really scary. How can he just walk in like that? Maybe he was here often when he was a kid?

When I looked up, I saw that he was already a few steps ahead. I ran up to him but I struggled to keep up with him. How was he so fast?

We walked in further and further. Rye kept telling and showing me parts of the woods. He seemed to know very much about the forest. He knew every trail and every clearing. With his help I slowly got some orientation.

He stoped at a clearing. Maybe the one from yesterday, maybe not. "Rye, what are we even doing here?", I asked him curious. "I thought we could maybe play some football. I got a ball here.", he said.

So we played football. We played for about an hour or two and then we made our way back. We quickly said to meet tomorrow again and then I went home.

The next few days Rye and I saw each other very often. We spent as much time as possible together. And we slowly started to become friends. I made friends with some lads from school too but I'm yet to say he's my best friend.

*Two month later*
Rye and I wanted to meet up again later that day. Even though Rye doesn't talk much about himself I found out a few things about him.

He doesn't go to school. Not mine and not any other. I don't know why.
He also doesn't have a mobile phone. When we set a time to meet up, then we meet up at that time. You can't call or send a text saying that you can't come. I really like that.
But I was never at his house and he was never at mine. I don't even know where he lives.

When Rye and I met in the afternoon, of course at the forest, he looked terrible. His shoulders hung limp down and his arms we're a bit bloody. He had bags beneath his eyes as if he hadn't slept at all this night.

"Oh my god, what happened to you?", I asked as soon as he could hear me. "Um nothing. Really, it's fine", Rye said. "Oh come on Rye, I'm not stupid. I can see the bags underneath your eyes", I held back. He looked down at the floor but I could see his forehead turn into a frown. "Please tell me. I'm worried", I pleaded.

Rye sighed and said: "You're not gonna believe me anyway." "Of course I'll belief you Rye. You could literally tell me that pigs can fly and I'd believe you", he sighed again as I said that.

"I'm gonna show you. Under one condition.", I nodded for him to go on. "If something happens that could bring you into danger, you run."

I nodded in agreement. I was confused as why there would be danger. But Rye started to explain:

"So um if you look you can see it's full moon. And um..."

Full moon? Isn't this a bit off topic?

"..yes so I... I-I'm a werewolf."

A werewolf? That's so cool. But is he really or is he just messing with me?

Just then the moon came out behind the clouds and Rye began to whimper and grumble. He reared up and his body got more hair. Grey and brown hair. His fur looked beautiful. When his transformation was finished he was a really pretty wolf.

He howled and then it hit me. All.

The first time I saw him. He laid on the forest floor. It had to be directly after full moon. That's why he was so exhausted and even a little injured. Maybe it even was his first transformation. I heard howling that night. That was him. And when I found him, he was really exhausted and He whimpered. But only a few minutes later he was fine. That's because he is a werewolf. They can heal really fast.

And today he had bags beneath his eyes. If I remember correctly he had them sometimes. Every month. He must have had some sleepless nights because of his transformations. The nights before and the nights directly after. It probably exhausted him.

Rye and I played for the rest of the night. He was really cute as a werewolf. Nothing dangerous. He probably had himself under control by now. When Rye transformed back in the morning we talked about this whole thing properly. I told him I'd never leave him because of such things. I love him how he is and I always will.

Hey! Hope you like this part. I tried something new, so yea tell me what you think. 💞
22.01.2019
Words: 892