77: Flower Crown Boy/Brandy

Andy

Walking down the hallway with my friends. Rye and Sonny talking loudly about something. I wasn't really listening, too occupied. My eyes searching for one guy, and one guy only. Usually wearing a bright colourful flower crown on top of his head, not that difficult to find in crowds. And there he was. Joking with his friend, Harper. Today he chose a yellow flower crown. It looked really good, adorable. Our eyes met for a split second and I smiled at him. Then looking away again. "Andy? Are you even listening?", Rye asked me and my head whipped towards him. "Too enchanted by flower crown boy over there?"

"What? No!!", I immediately defended. They shouldn't know, that I knew him, very well even. No one should know. I knew it was wrong. Everybody knew I was gay already anyway. Yet I couln't find the courage to tell, at least my best friends, that I had a boyfriend. That said boyfriend being flower crown boy - how Rye had called him. Brooklyn. I know he was disappointed by the fact that I didn't want to tell anyone, that I wanted to keep it a secret. He thought it was because of him, that I was ashamed of him. But it wasn't that! I just wasn't ready, I was scared.

***

Finally, the school day was over and I was sitting at home with my Brooky in my lap. My hands and fingers brushing through his hair gently. "Andy?", he spoke up after a while. "Hmm?", I hummed in response to let him know I was listening. "Why do you not want to tell people that we're together?" He sat up properly pulling me with him. His face looking at me by now. "Is it because you're embarrassed of me. Is it because of the flower crowns?" I gasped. "What? No!" I didn't know what to say. Of course it wasn't because of him. I loved him.  I could see my boyfriend getting more unsure by the second. "S-see now you won't even make effort.", he pressed out, standing up in the process.

"Wait, Brooky!" I grabbed his arm. "It really isn't because of you! I'm just scared. And you know I love the flower crowns, they're what makes you you.", I told him. Immediately his response came shot back. "What are you so scared about, though? Nothing will happen, your friend accept you. See, everything is hinting that you're just ashamed of me. You're scared of what htey'll think about me." I couldn't believe my ears. "No, Brook. I-" "You what? Seriously Andy, I don't want to hide anymore. Either you tell them or it's over.", he yelled and turned around. He was out of the door in just a few seconds. Way too fast for me to catch up. I really messed up here. I knew I had to do something to show him how much he really meant to me.

***

Brook had ignored all my calls and texts that day and the next morning, so I came up with a plan. Well, it wasn't really a plan. I'll just introduce him to my ffriends and hope he'll forgive me. Of course I was nervous, but Brooky was more important.

Walking through the schoolgates and greeting my friends like everyday. They started talking about something, but I was too occupied by my own mind. Looking around trying to find my boyfriend. I saw him not too far away talking to Harper. After Harper had said something and pointed into my direction, he turned around. Our eyes met for a split second and I tried a smile. That didn't work, though. He immediately looked away again. I sighed. "Guys? Can you wait here for a second?", I asked my friends. "Yeah, of course we can. Why?.. Andy?", Rye said, but I was already on my way over to Brook.

"Hey Babe", I said, once I was behind him. He turned around looking confused. He opened his mouth to say something but I just took his hand and pulled him with me. A smile playing on my lips. He looked good today. A hint of mascara graced his eyelashes and on top of his head rested a crown of orange flowers. "Andy, what are you doing?", he asked, his voice full of confusion. I could see Harper following us, just as confused. "What does it look like? Introducing you, of course.", I said and he smiled instantly.

Once we arrived back, where my friends were, I pushed Brook in front of me. "Boys, this is my boyfriend. Brooklyn.", I said proudly.

Words: 765
15.05.2020
Hey, so I'll start this of by saying thank you so so much for 100K reads, that's so awesome!! Thank you for reading and supporting this book.
I originally planned to get this book to 100 oneshots and then start a new short story book. But yeah, I'll get it to 80 (cause I can't leave it here, I need a round number otherwise my head won't like this). I'll say more details later on. But look out for the next three oneshots.
As always, please comment and vote! <3 <3

PS: (this has nothing to do with this, sorry) I'm turning 17 tomorrow and I'm fucking excited.