70: Maskenball/Bronny

Brooklyn

I was very excited, today was the day of my parents masked ball. They host one every year, but this year was the first time I was officially allowed to attend. You see, my parents are wealthy people and very respected in our society. They always feared I would ruin their reputation, but I was never less than the perfect son. Behaving while in public, speaking and acting with the right manners, just like a boy my age and status should.

Andy and Jack rushed around my room. One bringing the dress I had bought especially for tonight. It was dark blue with shining silver pearls and glitter. Reaching down to the ground, even over my ankles. The other carrying my night blue velvet heels and a selection of masks, which were of course very important. Maybe even the most important part of the outfit, since it was a masked ball. My best friends helped me put on the dress. It hung perfectly and fit like a glove. Then I put on some make up. Just a bit. Blue eyeshadow with black and silver touches to match my eyes to the dress. Putting on some mascara to emphasize them. After adding a light blush, I decided I was finished.

I don't like too much make up, but I was content with my look. Now I only had to decide which mask to wear. I had a black lace one and two silver ones. One with very much detail and thin material, the other one was very simple up front, but had a fine veil to hang over your hair. With the help of Andy and Jack, I chose the lace silver one. Then I put on my heels and the mask. Standing up and looking at myself in the mirror. I had to admit, I looked gorgeous. The mask adding the final touch to my already perfect outfit. The colours coordinated so they all matched. Quickly we added the last bits to my friends outfits, before going downstairs where the ball had already started.

Walking down the stairs, one hand on the railing. I already felt like the queen of the party. All eyes landed on me. Jack and Andy having hurried down to leave me in the spotlight. My eyes skimmed over the people. All spruced up. I saw beautiful dresses and handsome suits. My eyes stopped at one certain person, though. It was like they couldn't leave him. He was tall and very attractive. His raven hair curly. Shining in the candlelight. He wore a dark grey suit, a chain around his neck. My eyes met his swarthy ones. Piercing into mine. Quickly I lowered my gaze. Just to raise it again to look over the crowd of humans. I flashed them a beautiful smile, my teeth shining, before continuing my steps down the stairs. Elegantly and gracefully.

My dress swayed with every step I made. The glitter and silver parts shining. Once downstairs, I joined my best friends again. I took Jack's hand. Pulling him with me, Andy hurrying after us. The band started playing music again. Well, there was actually a whole orchestra. Men and women with violins, double basses, flutes and so on. A woman on a piano, a guy behind the drums and another guy, who was admittedly quite handsome, with a guitar. He had blonde hair and wore a black suit, like everyone on the orchestra.

Together with my friends, I went to a quieter place of the big ballroom. "Everyone stared at you!", Andy said excitedly. I nodded smiling. I was known as the son of the hosts, so it was given I would make a grand entrance. But still I was surprised by all the people turning their attention to me. "There was this one guy...", I started to tell my besties. I simply couldn't hold it to myself. Immediately they started to ship us, despite not knowing him. After a while we decided to go dancing, joining the mass of people on the dancefloor. We had much fun. Dancing to the songs the orchestra was playing. Some slow, some a little faster. All the time I could feel a gaze on me. I tried finding the person it belonged to. I noticed it was the same black haired guy from before. Once I caught his glance, I smiled friendly at him. Him returning it. "That's him...", I told my friends, while subtly mentioning in his direction. 

When we were out of puff, we went to the bar to get ourselves dome drinks. Jack ordered three gin and tonics, since he knew we all liked them. The bartender handed us each a glass, winking at me afterwards. I just smiled politely, yet uncomfortably. We stood at one of the bar tables, just having fun. Suddenly a guy approached us. Stopping in front of me. "Hey, um... I was wondering if you wanted to dance with me.", he said. I sent a helpless look to my best friends. I breathed out a quick 'no, thank you', trying to make it sound respectful and genteel and also trying not to hurt his feelings. This happened for a few more times, me always declining. Jack and Andy nearly couldn't hold in their laughter. Clearly finding my situation funny.

What I didn't expect, though, was Mr. Handsome-Stare-me-down to shoot his shot. He came up to me bowed down in front of me and took my hand in his. And while my friends were on the verge of laughing again, I was absolutely mesmerised by this beauty. "Mind giving me this dance?", he asked and my breath hitched. His voice low, yet smooth. All I could do was nod. I let him pull me with him towards the dancefloor, kissing my knuckles. I looked back to see my friends smile at me, both giving me a thumbs up. My heart started to pound in my chest, like crazy.

The man put his hands on my waist and I placed mine around his neck. As if it was fate, there was a slow song playing at this exact moment. He started to sway our bodies to the music slowly. Me joining in. After some time, I leaned forward and rested my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, beating steadily. Our bodies moving left and right, like one. I actually really enjoyed this, feeling safe and comfortable around him. His strong arms around me. His scent surrounding me. The music changed to one a little bit faster. We just staying how we were, though, in our embrace. My hands slipped up a little bit to thread my fingers through the dark curls of his.

After some time and I don't know how many songs later, I finally moved my head. Looking up at him and into his light brown eyes. He stared right back into mine. Our bodies still moving to the beat together. Suddenly his head moved closer to mine. I started to panick, but didn't even have the time to do so as his lips were placed on top of mine. All my worries disappeared. His lips softer than I imagined them to be. Moving against mine for a short time until they were gone again. I instantly missed the feeling of them. The man smiled down at me. "You are so beautiful", he said. I blushed immediately, feeling my face heat up. I hid my face in his chest again. Moving to the now again slow music. I replayed the moment again and again in my head. His face appeared in my mind, perfect features. The brown eyes glistening, sharp jawline, beautiful lips. Still I hadn't seen his whole face, due to the mask, which we aren't allowed to take off tonight, at all costs. Closing my eyes to really enjoy this moment.

At some point, I felt the man move his hand up from my waist to my shoulder, running it over my back. Then he followed my arm to grasp my hand in his. I looked up at him, to notice him already looking at me. My head tilted up slightly to see him properly. He pressed a kiss to my knuckles. Then he bowed down once again. "It was a pleasure, dancing with you", he said. "I'm Sonny." I did a curtsy, blushing yet again. "Brooklyn", I stated. He flashed me a smile. "I know that, babe" Oh yeah, it was still my parent's party on which I am known, of course. What Sonny said next took me by surprise. "How about I take you on a date sometime?", he asked. All I could do was stand there dumbfounded and nod. He pressed another kiss to my knuckles, sent me a smile and then he was gone.

Immediately I searched for Jack and Andy again. Finding them close to where I actually was, as if they were watching. Which they, let's be honest, probably were. As soon as I arrived in front of them, I let out a squeal. They looked just as excited as I felt. "We kissed!! And then he asked me on a date!", I told them. My best friends expressed their happiness and excitement, both vocally and by bringing me in a tight group hug. "Come on, let's go dance", Jack said and dragged both, Andy and me to the dancefloor. We started dancing like crazy, throwing our hands in the air and jumping. Even if it didn't fit the rhythm, nor the style of music that was played. It was fun though, we laughed very much.

When we got tired of dancing, partying and even just sitting at the bar, we decided to call it a night and go home. Right before leaving the ballroom, I saw Sonny smiling in my direction. I smiled back and followed my friends outside. Together we took us a taxi, which drove each of us home, me last. I thanked and payed the driver. At home I stepped out of my shoes, feeling relieve since my feet had started hurting in them a while ago. Then I took of the mask and dress. Instead of the panties I was wearing I put on some boxers to sleep in. I quickly wiped of my make up and brushed my teeth. Crashing into my bed, completely knackered.

What a night!

Words: 1730
21.03.2020

Hey people! I hope you enjoyed. I actually am really proud of this and like it very much. I hope you do too. Tell me what you think in the comments. Please vote and request! Love you <3