73: Kids/Handy

Andy

I sighed, falling back onto the couch. Resting my head back on the headrest. I only had about a minute rest and then the kids came running in. Jumping onto me. "Daddy, come play", our younger son yelled right next to my ear. I flinched away slightly. He was only three years old. He didn't know what was going on other than that he wasn't allowed to go outdoors. I didn't blame him, he was bored, which was understandable. Our daughter wasn't much older, being only five. It was very exhausting, looking after two young children, while also having to work from home. My husband, Harper, and I took turns in taking care of the kids.

"Jonathan! Leave your dad alone please. Come on, I'll play with you.", Harper said, while entering the living room. I smiled gratefully at him. "What about me?", Isabella whined. my husband chuckled. "You can come too, of course." It was so difficult keeping young kids entertained the whole day indoors. We had already played every game we have in the last three weeks. Having puzzled all the puzzles for kids their age and we had played hide and seek for I don't know long, I don't know how many times.

Harper took off with the kids into another room, after having given me a quick kiss. He literally had to lift Jonathan of me, since he sat on me and had his arms wrapped around my body. Isabella trotted after them. All I could hear, a little later, were the screams of delight from both my children as Harper tickled them. "Stop, Daddy!", my boy squealed. "Da-ad", came from my daughter. Sighing, I stood up and went to the kitchen. Today was my turn to cook dinner. I decided on mashed potatoes with peas and grilled vegetables. We were very lucky, both our children weren't picky eaters at all, so I guess that was a plus.

I called my family to the living room, where our dining table was to eat, once I was finished cooking. All of us digging in as soon as we were all sat. "It's very good, Daddy", Isabella told me. "Thank you, love", I smiled. Harper smiled at me, too. Leaning towards me and pressing a chaste kiss to my lips, me instantly missing the feeling from his against mine. After we had all finished eating, it was time for the kids to go to bed. Surprisingly, they got ready for bed without protest, being exhausted themselves.

Once we had gotten them in bed, we said our goodnight's. Leaving good night kisses on their foreheads, before closing the door to their room behind us. Quickly, we got ready for bed ourselves and then crawled under the duvet. I snuggled into my husband, trying to get as much of his warmth as possible. "Today was exhausting", I stated after some time of silence. "I know baby, but it's important we stay inside. Maybe we can make a film day tomorrow, that way we could relax a bit.", Harper answered. "I'd like that", I whispered back, before drifting off to sleep. The last thing I felt was a kiss being pressed to my forehead softly.

Words: 535
10.04.2020
I hope you like it. Please vote, comment and request. Thank you