28: the ring/Melvis

Soulmate plot: When you are twenty and touch your soulmate a matching tatooed ring appears on your left ring finger. But it takes 24 hours until it's there.
Age: Mikey: twenty-four; Alex: twenty-one

Mikey

I just eat dinner with my roommate Rye when my ring finger starts to hurt like hell. I instantly drop the fork and look at my hand.

"What's wrong?", Rye asks. "My finger, it hurts like hell", I answer and stare at my finger. Slowly there forms a ring on it. It's orange and blue patterned with many flourishes. The tattoo goes around the base of my left ring finger.

Rye gasps: "Mate, it's your soulmate! Where were you yesterday? We gotta find out who it is" I think a bit and remember that I was on a concert yesterday. Shit! I for sure have touched about fifty or more people, unintentionally. And of course I don't know who they are.

"I was at the concert", I mumble on the edge of crying. I'll never find my soulmate. I don't even know any of the people that were there. I waited four years, four fucking years, just to find out that I'll never meet my soulmate. And then of course I start crying. You can say I'm weak now but just imagine never finding your soulmate. You'd cry too.

"Hey, hey Mike calm down. We're gonna find your soulmate. I promise", Rye says and takes my phone, yes he knows my password. "What are you doing?", I ask him. He turns my phone that I could see the screen. He was on twitter.

'I touched my soulmate yesterday on #theconcert from @asingersongwriter if you also got your ring please text me #asingersongerwriter #theringtattoo #soulmate ~Mikey'

Rye tweets and due to the hashtags someone -hopefully my soulmate- will see it it. "Thanks", I whisper to Rye, genuinely thankful. At least it's a try.

The next few days I am so jittery and nervous. It's honestly not funny. All the time I'm so scared that no one will answer on that tweet. Rye always tries to calm me down, but it's not working that good.

And a few days later I get a text on twitter. 'hey Mikey, I was at that concert too. I got my ring the next day like you. How about we meet up to see if we're soulmates ~Alex'

Alex... What a beautiful name. It just screams soulmate at me. We text a little and set a time to meet tomorrow. I immediately run into Rye's room. "Rye! I gotta find something to wear. I'm maybe meeting my soulmate tomorrow.", I yell excited.

"Okay Mike, calm down. We'll find something", he says calmly. Together we go into my room and surch something cool and decent to wear.

*Next day*
I am on the way to my meeting, date? Whatever you want to call it. I arrive at the café and sit down at one of the tables. I order a hot chocolate and wait. Soon Alex enters the little shop (We sent pictures, that's why I know what he looks like).

"Hey Mikey", Alex greets me. "Hi", I answer shyly. He sits down across from me. I smile at him and he smiles back. Everything about him screams soulmate.

The waitress brings my hot chocolate and a coffee for Alex. Then we are left alone again. We talk a little and get to know each other a bit. But after like five or ten minutes we both fall silent. We stare at each other. Alex takes a sip of his coffee, but his eyes never leave mine.

Like in trance we both lean forward. I close my eyes and he does to. Slowly our lips get closer and closer. And then eventually, they touch. It's the most amazing feeling I've ever felt. We let our lips linger. After some time we pull back.

I smile at him. He reaches over the table and takes my hand in his. As soon as our fingers touch, the tatooed ring on my left hand starts to sting.
Soulmate!

Words: 684
13.03.2019
Hope you like it. Please comment and send some requests.️❤️❤️