67: Pinkie/Randy

Requested by chelskeyy

Turning eighteen was a big deal in the world I live in. Well, you see, on their eighteenth birthday everybody's left pinkie finger turns black or white, depending on your original skin colour. And as stupid as this might sound right now, it's very important. Once you're eighteen and that happened, you are able to find you soulmate. Another crazy but important thing in my world. A soulmate is a person, who has been paired up with you since your birth. You're destinated to be. And most of the time it really works out very well. When you meet and touch your soulmate for the first time after you both turned eighteen, your pinkies will tingle and burn like crazy. Well that's what you're told anyways. While feeling that, you have to intertwine your pinkies. A spark will flow over and your fingers will turn back to normal. Well not completely back to normal, you will immediately have the first letter of your soulmate's first name tattooed on the base of your left pinkie.

Yesterday was my eighteenth birthday. I was so excited. I couldn't sleep nearly the whole night. At some point though, I did fall asleep. The first thing I did in the morning, was to immediately look at my hands. And really, my left pinkie finger was completely pitch black. Excitement rushed through me and I jumped up. "Mum!", I yelled and ran downstairs. "Look!" I held my hand right in front of her face, waving it around. It was moving way too much for her to see anything. But what could I do? It was just so exciting. My mum took my hand to still it. "I can't see anything this close to my face, Ryan. Especially not if you wag around like this.", she told me. Once she noticed what I was trying to show her, she smiled at me. "That's great baby. But you have to get ready for school now." I huffed and walked back to my room to get ready. Brushing my teeth, getting dressed. After eating, talking to my mum and such, I had to go. Saying goodbye, leaving the house, I started walking to school.

After school I decided to go home. My friends wanted us to do something together, but I was too exhausted. Nothing special had happened in school. I don't know what I expected to happen, but at least something. It was like every other day, though. Before the first lesson, I met my friends, Sonny and Brook, in the hallway. They whished me a happy birthday and we talked a bit. When the bell rang, we went to maths together. It went like this before luch, each of us going to their classes, meeting occasionally in short breaks. Luch break was the first time we all came together again. Harper, another friend of us, joined us too. It was fun actually, I showed everyone my left hand and pinkie finger. We were all excited. Seeing as I was the first one out of us to turn eighteen, it was knew to us all.

Coming home I said 'hi' to my mum and went to the kitchen to get myself something to eat. I didn't expect to see my dad there. "Hey Ryan, did you have a good day?" I nodded and told him a bit about my school day. "But why are you home this early?", I finally asked. "Oh well, I thought: It's my sons eighteenth birthday today. Why not leave work early and go see him." I smiled at him, grateful that he wanted to spend time with me. Just as I was about to grab an apple, he yelped. Quickly I pulled back my hand. "I'm cooking, so no eating before. You'll lose your appetite.", he told me. "Thanks dad!", I said and kissed him on the cheek before leaving the kitchen to go to the living room.

In the evening, after dinner, which was great - we talked much, we laughed much. It was a cool family dinner, everyone was here and I enjoyed it very much. - after dinner I went to my room. I sat down on my bed. Taking out my phone. Seeing  many texts from my friends in our groupchat, since I haven't looked on my phone nearly all afternoon. Sonny had asked if we wanted to go out on the weekend. Everyone said yes, so only my answer was missing. I decided to join them too, as I was already not going today. We texted the details, deciding on Saturday evening at seven thirty, at Brooks house.