California Love (pt2) The Aftermath-1

If you're reading this.... you should have already read the first part of the story
CALIFORNIA LOVE by HEAVYNLI

https://www.wattpad.com/story/114746225?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=story_info&wp_page=story_details&wp_uname=Heavynli

CALIFORNIA LOVE-THE AFTERMATH
POST 1
HEAVYNLI

It has been a year since my wife passed on to paradise..... I have haven't had a decent night's sleep since she left me.  By career choice, I'm an actor and that's how I've been coping with this devastating loss.  I feel like I can't escape it, because every time, I look into  the faces of our children I see her. She is right there staring back at me like a motherfucking mirror! ughhhhhhh Shipp slaps his journal down to the floor taking a glass with it. Fuck he says and then he hears a stampede of little feet outside of the door.

Monet, my oldest baby girl had become super protective of me now that Cali had passed. She wasn't Cali's natural child, but you couldn't tell Monet that! She would go stupid on you talking that trash. (Jessika) was Monet's mom biologically, but she had given up those rights. Cali, was there to do more than fill the maternal role that Monet, desperately needed. Cali and my mom molded and modeled the finer points of womanhood for her.  I'll forever be grateful for that. Right now, I had to open the door before she beat it in.

Monet, daddy open the door! Are you okay in there? Dadddyyyyyyy.

Shipp: I'm fine Monet, give me a minute.  I finally get off the couch and unlock my bedroom door.  She comes in her hair all wild over her head and looks around the room and then at me.

Monet: I thought something happened to you daddy! She grabbed me tight and I lift her off the ground and into my arms. She was almost 13 years old now, but forever my baby. She wrapped her arms around me and rested her head on my shoulders.  Daddy?

Shipp yes Monet?

Monet You missing mama right now.

Shipp Every single day butterfly.
Monet mama did call me that, huh?

Shipp: she did!

The bell interrupts their reminiscing....

They exit the room and make their way down the steps. Shipp looks at the monitor. It was his mom.

Monet wiggled out of his arms. Grammy!  He opens the door and Monet shoots straight into her arms.  Grammy I missed you.

Mrs. Shipp  hugs her tightly and says missed you too baby girl. Where is the rest of the crew? Hello son, how are you?

Shipp shrugs, I've been good.

Mrs. Shipp eyes him curiously and says good knowing that he was lying. she wasn't going to address it now, but she wasn't going to let it slide too long. Monet, go check on your littles.

Monet: okay, Grammy.

Soon as Monet makes it to the top of the stairs  and opens the door and closes it, Shipp says don't start mama.

Mrs. Shipp folds arms.  Demetrius, I know this is a horrible day for you, but Cali wouldn't want you to be sad.  She follows him as he walks into the living room away from the staircase. She would want you to be happy.

Shipp: Mama, the love of my life is GONE that ain't nothing to be happy about. She has been gone for 365 days and it hurts like hell. Like someone is stabbing me with a hot, sharp knife over and over and over while asking me if I want to live.

Mrs. Shipp feels her chest get tight. she felt for her son, but she was hurting as well.
Cali was the only daughter in law that she ever had and twice to be exact! She cared for Demetrius, immensely  and loved him completely. She let him be a man and had no problem correcting him when he fell short.