California Love- The Aftermath pt7

Post 7
California Love-The aftermath
Written by Heavynli

Shipp looks over her shoulder and sees legs and arms in her living room. You have company? did I get the day wrong?

Savannah: ooooh she chuckled nervously my family wanted to meet you....

Shipp feels a little uncomfortable, is gracious as Savannah introduces everyone to him. Then the bell rings and Savannah races to the door.

Shipp is still sitting in the living room with 10 of her other family members... Everyone is staring at him and then all of them hear yelling....

(male voice) Savannah, I don't care what you got going on, you were supposed to pick up the kids an hour ago.  I don't have time for this bull...

Savannah watch your mouth Ray.

Ray Don't tell me what to do, just make sure you get your kids on time next time.

Savannah picks up Camryn and Carmyn and heads upstairs..... While she goes upstairs, Ray comes to the edge of the living room entrance... Hey everybody....

Everyone speaks and Ray makes a beeline for Demetrius, oooh you must be the reason that she didn't make it to pick up the kids. I see you playa. She fine ain't she!  Demetrius, stands up to shake Ray's hand.

Ray tries to squeeze Demetrius's hand but Demetrius bests him and Ray snatched his hand back.

Demetrius Nice to meet you man.

Ray rubs his hand and everyone turns their head like they didn't see what had happened.

Savannah, runs down the steps and says Demetrius just as his phone rang. Excuse me, he says to everyone and he walks into the foyer.  okay, I'll be rigt there....

He looks at Savannah's face and says I have an emergency, but thank you for the invite, goodnight. She walks him to the door and he hurries to his truck.

He jumps inside and pulls off going to the center.... the cops are out there and so is the firetruck....  There was a small electric fire and they were able to contain it before it spread.

He thanked GOD because he just couldn't deal with anymore craziness tonight. His mom had he kids and he was just beat. No, he hadn't expected to hit on the first date or if at all, but this was beyond disaster.

He pulls into his house after spending 2 hours at the center.

He closes and locks up. He checked the camera and undid his tie and took to the showers.... Everything was super quiet and still. He lathers up and rinses while listening to Anita Baker. She was one of his favorites.

He voice wafts through the air and she  also lulls him to sleep.

He doesn't dream or think that night and he actually slept in that morning since the kids weren't there. He woke up to about 20 text messages. Cali, Monet and the rest from
Savannah. He reads Cali and Monet's and Deleted Savannah's completely. He didn't have room in his life for anyone that didn't have the decency to tell him she had children. That was the part that stuck out the most. He didn't give a fuck about Ray or her entire family being there. The kids should have come up in the conversations before dinner.

Maybe he would ask her about it one day, but not today.

He rolls over and is about to put his phone down, but it rings in his hand. (917)776-9064

He only knew one person with a NY number.

Shipp sits up? Hello?

Hello Mr. Shipp, how are you?

I'm great how are you?

Shipp in disbelief that I'm actually hearing your voice.

Well I know you've been super busy with the family, but the point of this call was to let you know I'll be on the west coast in about an hour. I'm on a lay over in Vegas. Would you like to have lunch today or sometime this week?

Shipp just let me know when and aye, don't stand me up.

Boy, hush. how bout I make you lunch?

Shipp sounds good.

Two days later they meet up at her hotel....

Welcome Mr. Shipp she stretches her arms out and hugs him.

He hugs her back tightly.... Sandyna Carrington, how you been girl I've missed you.

She welcomes him in and says you look nice.

Shipp thanks so what brings you out this way Ms. Brooklyn

Dyna Well. I'm actually here to take some pictures for an ad campaign.

Shipp annnnnnnnnddddd

Dyna that's it, but I thought I would look you up and see if I could be back all the fans and husband seekers to  say hey.

Shipp okay, okay.

Dyna gets in the kitchen and whipped them up something tasty and  they kick it.

Shipp so how long you going to be in town?

Dyna about a month.

Shipp so we have plenty of time for catch up and you can tell me all about Terry?

Dyna scrunched her nose da fuck... Terry, told you that bullshit about us being together....

Shipp uh oh sound like it ain't true!

Dyna not even a little bit.... they keep talking and time passes by.... he says its 5 already, I guess I better head out.

Dyna  rises from the couch and gives him  a hug. She feel he is tense and pulls back, too soon?

Shipp pulls her back in and hugs her tightly... no, right on time... thank you.

Dyna pulls back a little not completely out of his embrace to face him. thank me for what?

Shipp you're one of the few normal ladies I have encountered since Cali passed.

Dyna rubs his back. She doesn't speak she just holds him....