California Love-The Aftermath- Part 46

CALIFORNIA LOVE THE AFTERMATH PT 46

Britt: girl, why you so quiet?
Dyna: I... we... just had a rough night that's all....
Britt oh... I'm sorry, you guys need some alone time.
Dyna nope.
Britt looks up and says you want to talk about it?
Dyna nope, she slides her wedding ring off putting it on the side table. She scoops her hair up in a bun and says, I'm tired.
Britt get up out the chair and says I won't keep you, give me a call later.
Dyna no problem, thanks for coming over she walks over and hugs Britt. Thanks for stopping by. She walks her down to the front door and locks it behind her. She makes a right into the kitchen and opens the fridge pulling out things for dinner. By the time she is done cooking she is exhausted again. For the next 3 days she is just under the weather and she finally heads in to see the doctor.
The doctors takes her back and says Mrs. Shipp how are you feeling today?
Dyna achy tired and the back of my head is still hurting really bad.
She examines her head and her breathing.... Her breathing and blood pressure were fine, but her head was still swollen, red and tender to the touch. Fluids surround it. The doctor drains it and gives her some antibiotics... Get plenty of rest and no physical activity for a week...

 She heads home and goes to take a nap. When she wakes up, Shipp is sitting on the corner of the bed.
He gets up and comes over to her. How you feeling? You need anything love?
She looks at him for a moment gasps and then vomits all over the side of the bed and pillows....
Shipp jumps up and gets some towels... and helps her out of the bed and to the bathroom... The vomit is violent and no one else is home as he calls for an ambulance... they arrive and he carries her downstairs..... She is choking and  convulsing and her eyes have rolled in the back of her head....The sirens blare as they race through the streets and off to the hospital. He is holding her hand, but its limp in his....
Shipp feels his chest tightening up as she is gasping for air and the EMT's work on her for the entire ride. She isn't responding to well and there is an entire trauma team waiting for them as they arrive at the hospital.
Shipp is remanded to the waiting room as he waits to hear what is going on.... He texts Britt and tells her where to meet him..... 39 minutes later  she comes running into the waiting room looking frantically for Shipp.... A nurse spots her and she says follow me... she walks Britt to a waiting room and Shipp is sitting in there almost catatonic....
Britt walks over Shipp wh... what the hell is going on?
Shipp tries to speak and his voice cracks.... He takes a deeper breath and tries to talk slowly....
Shipp... She's gone
Britt Gone?????
Shipp Britt, they rushed her here working on her and she died on the table... they tried to bring her back 4 times... he face streams tears.... There is a knock on the glass and the doctor is standing at the door.... Mr. Shipp you can see her now...
Shipp looks up I can't....
Britt I'll go with you if you want me too.... you need to have your closure.
Shipp feels numb and his feet feel like concrete.... he stands and they walk slowly with the doctor.... He stops at the door. Britt I can't..... She rubs his back and says when you're ready......
Britt wanted to break down too, but she had to be strong for Shipp.... after 15 minutes he pushes the door slowly.... he could see her from the entrance. she looked beautiful her hair splayed all over the pillow. She looked as if she was resting and peaceful. Her body was still warm as he kissed her lips. I'm so sorry baby , I love you. I promise i'll take care of all of our babies..... his voice cracks....
Britt backed out of the doorway to give him more time... He sat with her an hour... praying and crying.

Planning a funeral for the second time around was surreal.... his mom and the kids were devastated and kids hadn't been their bubby selves since hearing the news....
Devynne the youngest of the Shipp crew at 10 weeks old had no clue what was going on with the exception of not being able to nurse around the clock.

Mrs. Shipp hugs her son. She knew you loved her son.
Shipp did she mama???
Mrs. Shipp look around at each of these 10 children.... 4 belonging to you both and the other 6 she raised as if she had birth them..... tell me she didn't know?
They are filled with both of your love and spirit.
Shipp steps out of his mother's embrace and goes into the den with the kids... he makes sure each of them look perfect.... He kisses each of them on the forehead and the sun hits the window so brightly.....take care of my babies he hears a whisper and then it fades away.

The ride to the funeral was quiet and Shipp was full on in his head.... 10 little people were now depending on him to get it done solo.

The service was beautiful Britt, Shipp and a few of the kids spoke.

Monet made everyone fall to pieces

"Mommy, loved me from the top of my head to the soles of my feet.... she cared for me even when I was upset with her.... disrespectful to her. She taught me how to carry myself as a lady. I will continue to do so and help my sisters the same way she helped me. Love you mama. Two tears stream down her face....

The funeral was over and burial was super emotional......
After tucking the last child in and taking a shower.... he finally let it all out..... crying in the shower and asking GOD why she had to exit his life so soon.....

The doctors said that she had developed a blood clot from the hit to the head. It burst minutes into her arrival at the hospital..... He replayed the fight on the way home and then what happened after they got home.... over and over all night long.... Between the tears and checking on kids who were once again crying in their sleep, he was spent. His mother was downstairs in the guest bedroom.

Devynne slept soundly but was up promptly at 5 am..... He woke up to the sound of her crying, but when he sat up, she was sound asleep. He looks at the foot of the bed ad there is Dyna.... I love you she says....he rubbed his eyes and she was gone...

He had  wondered if she would be like Cali and pop up in some way...... like Cali did with the curtains.

The week after her burial a thick packet arrived in the mail... She was always prepared and he found out just how much...

She had a 12 million dollar policy on her and another for 20 million. The policies were good for 7  days after her passing and had all of the babies names and his on it including Devynne as a beneficiary. The lawyer had the checks waiting for him and it was going to be the first time he had been in public since her death.

 Many magazines had reached out and he declined all the offers.... he put the monies into the kids accounts and makes an appointment with the therapist.... As the weeks go by he is going 3 times a week and make a family appointment with the kids as well so they could talk their feelings out as well.

Monet had gotten real mother hen with the younger kids and Devynne was off limits to anyone who was not family. His mom had moved in to pick up the slack.

He went back to work when Devynne turned a year old..... a role in a television series....he did his lines and went back to his trailer each day... he didn't hang with anyone on the set. He spent his down time talkin with his babies.... when he was off the set he was home with them.

Britt called and checked in on him weekly.... he had lost about 25 pounds in the last 6 months...
She was on her way over to do the girls hair for the week. As she finished up Monet's hair she said do you think mama knew I loved her?
Britt of course she did. She also loved you very much. She always wanted you to be happy....
Monet, breaks down, but im not happy, I don't have a mommy. She sniffles and wipes her face.

Mrs. Shipp comes in the room and says ladies dinner is ready.

Monet coming grammy. Thanks auntie britt for fixing my hair.

Britt anytime. Britt stayed after dinner and did Maia, Dream and Divinity's hair as well.

Shipp stuffs some money in her purse when she wasn't looking. she kept his babies looking right.

Hs lays in bed that night thanking God for keeping him sane and the kids healthy. The knock on the door interrupts his thoughts.... he gets up and opens the door. Monet is standing there....
Shipp whats wrong?
Monet im miss them both.... I miss my moms and I love you, but you aren't a mom.
he hugs his daughter and she cries.... they talk for an hour... he kisses her forehead. I miss them too baby. You are growing into a beautiful young woman and im glad they were there to help shape that....

Monet me too.... love you daddy goodnight.

Devynne wanted to get in on the action as well and she was vocal about it.... She wouldn't go to sleep unless Shipp played a video that had Dyna's voice on it singing you are my sunshine to her stomach. It broke him down every single time....He had other videos too that he couldn't share with the children and other ones that were more family friendly... They would watch those when they ate breakfast or just got together and had mommy time as they called it. They still piled in and listened to Cali tell stories and Dyna sang to them or just videos of them one on one. He went through her phone and printed off pictures of them that she took and her work camera..... One night he was going through her bins she had in her side of the closet and came across an envelope that said evidence.... He was hesitant to open it at first, but did so anyway. His hand instantly went to his mouth.... There were several pictures of Dyna, black, blue and bloody.... the next two are more of the same and then her in bandages and in a hospital bed. His heart broke..... the hospital band was inside the envelope as well as the restraining order.... Jamaal Brooks.... He was going to be sure to check into the status of that person's whereabouts.He put the pictures back in the bottom of the bin and continued looking at more Dyna's things.... she had one picture of her and her mom.... she had to be about 2 or three and was the spitting image of Divinity..... It made him smile.. He was going to blow that up and put it in the girls room.... He rubbed his head and closed his eyes... he fingers her wedding ring around his neck... he kisses it Love you so much and im so sorry it had to end this way.....I'm sorry if I've ever hurt you and I'm going to do my best to raise the babies the way you'd want me too.... He went to sleep that night clutching a picture of them on their wedding day.... That night she came to him in his dreams.....