California love -The aftermath- Pt 47

CALIFORNIA LOVE THE AFTERMATH

POST 47

WRITTEN BY HEAVYNLI

Demetrius you may now kiss your bride.

When he leans in to kiss her, she giggles and runs away. He chases after to her until he corners her in the white room that they are standing in. (Shipp) why are you running away from me?

Dyna I was supposed to be gone a long time ago.... My body was broken down so may times... I was dying slowly. I tried to hang on for you and the babies, but I couldn't do it anymore. 

Demetrius, felt a tear slip out of his eye... Two of the injuries that she had sustained to her head had come from him and Monet. One had put her into a coma and the other had killed her.

I'm sorry he moans in his sleep I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.....

He wakes up to banging on the door and Monet is on the other side. Daddy, Daddy wake up she is almost screaming and that wakes up the other kids. He is struggling with the blankets and finally falls off the bed and wakes up. He scrambled to the door and let Monet in the bedroom. She says daddy wake up.

Shipp I'm up Monet.

Monet you were screaming I'm sorry to mama. She says mama Dyna is gone.

Shipp sobs I know baby. I know she is gone..... I miss her, I miss Cali.....

Monet hugs her dad.... She was a couple of days shy of turning 15 now and she wasn't even excited about it. Either mama would have made sure that she had the time of her life.

Shipp says we're going to have a family meeting tonight at 7

Monet says okay.

He hugs her, I love you Monet.

Monet love you more daddy.

-----------------

Britt no, Will we need to stay out of it.

Will, babe he is struggling, lets just ask him?

Britt William Demps!

Brittany Demps. Demetrius is our friend and if we can help, we should help. Having the kids for the summer will give him time to regain focus and grieve a little bit more peacefully.

The bell rings...

Will answers the door. Demetrius, just the man I wanted to see.

Shipp what up Will. You mind if I holler at Britt first?

Will of course.

Britt and Demetrius talk for a total of 39 minutes. The same amount of time it took for Dyna to be check into the hospital and pronounced deceased.

Britt wipes her face and hugs Demetrius. I love you friend.

Demetrius love you too Britt.... see you on the other side. Britt watched him open the den door and walk out.

Will is in the kitchen with the boys.... everything aight man.

Demetrius in time it will be, for right now, the kids and I are about to head out...

Will word, where too?

Demetrius we are moving away to London....

6 years had gone by quicker than the blink of an eye..... They had lived quietly in Kensington and blended in well with the locals,

De'Vynne comes bounding around the corner. I'm all packed daddy. He accent thicker than most of the other children's because essentially, Kensington. was all she had known....

Demetrius says good job squirt. where are your brothers and sisters now?

De'Vynne Monet just pulled up in her car. and the twins are all still packing.  Kaiden and the triplets are eating candy and talking to grammy.

Shipp okay our flight leaves in 3 hours lets wrap it up Shippmates.

Monet comes in and kisses her father on the cheek. Love you daddy.

Shipp love you too baby girl.

Monet daddy I'm 21

Shipp looks over his shoulder and you're still my baby girl.

I'm your favorite girl. They both turn around at the sound of footsteps coming fast....

Divinity Amor Shipp is daddy's favorite girl.... right daddy she says with her fire red hair trailing behind her. She had all the sass of a full grown woman and she was't even a teenager yet.

Dallas and Nic came down and eventually all the kids and the bags and Shipp were on the way to the airport... They took up a good portion of 1st class. They were on the flight for 7 hours and 40 minutes.... lading in NYC was surreal. He always expected to see Dyna somewhere when he landed.

There you are she says rushing into his arms. Shipp moved out of the way and looked at the couple who were now kissing next to him. I've missed you she moans into his ear... Monet catches her father staring and says come on dad our ride is waiting....

They piled into the passenger van and the driver took care of their luggage. they arrived at the apartment where they lived before they left NYC.... All the kids walked in and went straight to the window..... the most beautiful sunset was coming through the floor to ceiling windows..... Kaiden plastered himself to it..... mama is here.. The wind chimes blew gently and Monet walks around looks at all the pictures of Dyna and some pictures that she had taken of them. Shipp takes a deep breathe and walks upstairs to the bedroom. The bed still made perfectly from the last visit....

Divinity says daddy when mama died was she mad at you?

Tears spring to his eyes and he nods his head not sure where his daughter was going with this. she comes to him and he bends down touching his face with her hand. She said she loves you daddy. She knows you didn't mean it. Shipp bawls harder.

Divinity kissed his cheek and smiles at him. Cheer up daddy, you have all of us. All the kids are standing in the doorway. He hugs and kissed each of them.... They were all his heartbeats.... He could see their moms in each of them. He was proud he had chosen wisely the mothers of his kids.

4 from Dyna and 5 plus Monet with Cali.... each had been making him proud. Never a grade less than a b for any of them. No scandals and bad reps to follow them. Monet had graduated college a year early and gave a speech that would rival Michelle Obama. She got a standing ovation. Shipp's heart could've exploded right there.....

His mom had come to see her graduate and of course Britt and Will and their kids.

Everyone asked if they had planned to move back to the states. However, Shipp liked it overseas.... Monet had bee traveling back ad forth for sometime now. She had a boyfriend that lived in the states, but Shipp wasn't worried he had schooled her pretty well and she had been taking birth control for quite some time now. After they ate dinner and settled in, he asked the kids what they wanted to see while they were in NYC. He himself had a business meeting he had to attend. Britt and Will would be taking them around a little bit.

The still of the night was hard and the next day was even harder. Shipp looked amazing in his French blue suit and tie... His hair was freshly cut and he smelled of obsession cologne.

Mr. Shipp good morning. I'm Ka'cha Saunders your representation referred you to me.

Shipp stares at her. She was the spitting image of Dyna. He couldn't sit or speak... Ummmm excuse me he steps out the room. He tried to compose himself but this cause of anxiety got really bad..... He calls from the lobby. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I'll pay you for the day, but I can't work with you.

Ka'cha may I ask why?

Shipp sends a picture of Dyna....

Ka'cha stares at it dumbfounded.

Ka'cha understood Mr. Shipp, thank you for your time, no need for payment. She places the phone on her desk.

Shipp loosens his tie. He hadn't attempted to look at text or date any woman this time after his wife's passing. He was content with the kids. Love wasn't in the cards for him.... or was it?