Whatever it takes

Summary- when I drift off I will  dream about you...

I'm so sorry.

We all know I'm not...

So I was debating on wether or not to call this chapter "whatever it takes" or "it was always you" so I just went with my gut.

I have no idea how tony got back this is just my random idea of how it could happen.
***

"Find him!"

"You better fucking find him!"

"You have to find him..."

Steve drops to his knees I front of Bruce, with tears streaming down his face. Bruce had told him that tony hadn't came back yet, he was lost. No one from titan had came back yet and the team didn't know what to do.

Everyone was traumatised and locked into their own kind of state.

Thor, shut down completely and wouldn't talk to anyone.

Clint was gone and no-one knew what was to come of him.

Natasha stayed with Steve, she acted more friendly and wanted to do anything for anyone in need.

And Steve well Steve was a mess. Tony was one of the people who either vanished or was lost. Everyone's been telling Steve that he's on his way back and that he should arrive any minute. But Steve refuses to believe it.

He's convinced that tony is dead.

He won't leave his room, Nat has to bring him food and half the time he doesn't eat it. He's only had about three showers since the world was halfway destroyed by a giant purple grape with a ballsack for a chin. Which happened three weeks ago.

So you could say Steve was a complete and total mess.

After Bruce told him tony hadn't came back yet he just kinda stoped. He stoped talking to his friends, he stoped eating, he stoped everything.

Tony was his life, his reason to keep going.

And all that was taken away from him by a simple snap of the fingers.

It shows you how sudden a tragic thing can happen. One second you're  hugging your loved one and the next you're holding what's left of them.

Steve had went through alot.

He lost his best friend, for real this time.

He watched all his friends disintegrate into nothing.

But worst of all he lost Tony.

He didn't even get to tell him goodbye, it just happen so soon. No one was expecting it.

Thor blamed himself for what happend. He thought of himself as the cause for everyone dying. That's one of the reason he's shut down like he is, the other being he had to watch his own brother get murdered.

"You should of gone for the head."

Kept replaying in his mind, the raspy deep voice imprinting itself into his brain. He couldn't get it out of his head, he had the chance to win, he had the chance go save everyone, if he would have only gone for the head.

Steve was next to blame himself for Tonys absence. If only he would have stayed with him instead of going to see Bucky. He should have went with him. He should be with him.

If only Steve knew somewhere far out in space was a ship making its way back home, containing the one and only tony stark.

"Stay on..." Tony caressed the  helmet to his suit in almost a loving type manner, as if the helmet could feel it. He gave it a couple gentle taps for good measure before saying what needed to be said.