Why?

Summary- cheating is never ok.

Warnings- language, and all that jiz.

***

"Hey Tony I'm gonna go meet up with a old buddy, I'll be back by nine."

That was the last thing Steve said before grabbing his coat, giving tony a petty kiss and leaving.

Tony didn't expect 9 to turn into 11, and then 1, and then 3am. Tony didn't expect Steve to come home with messy hair, and a horrible attempt at covering the hickeys on his neck. Tony didn't expect Steve coming home with a scent that smelled so familier yet so stomach churning.

He didn't expect Steve to cheat.

***
"Hey handsome!" Steve approaches the man who was sitting at a table outside of a old diner.

"Hey..." the man says bashfully, blushing at Steve's comment.

"So it's almost 8, and I told Tony I'll be home by 9." Steve comments taking the mans hand in his own, he ran his thumb over his knuckles while laying a kiss on each one.

"Awe baby, I wish you could stay longer." The man pouted, he stood up and made his way over to the blonde.

"Yeah me too." Steve says standing up, he knew where he was was taking him, the mans apartment was right around the corner that's why they usually met up at the diner.

Yeah, that means its happened mire then once, twice, three times even. Its been happening since Steve and Tony got married.

Yeah Steve was having an affair. Yeah it was wrong, and no tony didn't know about it.

But no secret can be kept forever.

The night for Steve consisted of, breathless moans, love bites, and hair pulling, on his partners part. Steve hates his hair being touched in anyway that wasn't gentle.

Tony's night consisted of, drinking, drinking, checking the time and ope you guessed it drinking some more.

Was it a good way to cope, no. Did Steve know he did it, no. Did he do it cause Steve being gone like that sent him into a small fit of depression, yes.

He knew Steve being gone wasn't right, but he wasn't gonna say anything in fear of angering steve. He didnt know what Steve was doing but he had a clue. Why would he be out so late every weekend. Why would he come home with hickeys in total different places that tony left them.

Just why would he do it in general.

So tony being tony decided to do some research, decided to call a few friends.

The first thing he did to figure out of Steve was cheating was ask him where he's going.

Now that sounds like something he would already have done, but tony and Steve trusted one another enough, to not question when the other one left.

So it was Friday night the night Steve usually left to see his 'old friend' and Tony wasn't gonna let him leave with out questions.

Now he should have came right out and said something, but he didn't.

So when Steve went to leave with a simple, "I'm heading out."

Tony questioned him back "where to?" Steve turned to look at him with a 'busted' type facial expression but quickly covered it up by saying "just a friends house."

Which Tony was quick to answer, "which friend?" He could of laughed at the falling of Steve's face.

"Doesn't matter."

And he walked out the door. Tony chuckled dryly to himself and poured him a drink.

The second thing he did was when him and Steve was, getting it on he left a trail of noticeable hickeys down his neck and too his chest. It was Thursday so he knew Steve would leave tomorrow and they should still be there. So he was hoping that whoever Steve was with saw them.

But what he didn't know is the guy he was with already knew about Tony.

The next thing he tried was asking a few of Steve's friends to hang out, on a saturday.

First he met up with Sam,  he didn't notice anything different about him, he didn't act strange or anything. Then he met up with some dude named Willy, wasn't sure about him he was kinda weird. And last but not least he met up with Steve's buddy, his pal, his Bucky.

Tony instantly knew it was him from the trail of hickeys left down his neck, but he didn't say anything he just stared, it was until Bucky drank the last sip of his coffee and he stood up that tony said something.

"So how long have you been fucking my husband?" It was a simple question really, which made Bucky spit some if the coffee out.

"Wha-what?" Was Buckys reply, he seemed nervous, just another clue.

"I said, how long have you been fucking my husband?" Tony asked again calmly.

"I-we- why would I uh do that?" Bucky stutters not knowing what to say.

"Just please tell me James, I just wanna be sure it's you." Tony says his voice was small, he just really needed the closure that it was Bucky and not some other person.

"I'm sorry Tony." That was enough for a yes. It was Bucky.

"Yeah." Tony answers taping his arc reactor twice so his suit would deploy.

Once be flew home he landed as hard as he could in the ground scaring Steve and causing him to mess up his drawing.

"What he fuck Tony!" He tells looking down at his paper.

"Don't you dare 'what the fuck' me Steven!" Tony yells putting his suit away. "Why have you been going out every weekend to fuck Barnes?" He asks walking up to the blonde.

"Tony what are you talking about?" Steve asks but he knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Don't play dumb steve, he's already told me. If you wanted to fuck him so bad the why the hell did you choose to marry me!" Tony screeches, he wanted to hit him he wanted to smack him right across the face. But that wouldn't be nearly enough to match the pain he's caused Tony.

"I'm sorry Tony..." Steve says and it disgusted tony with how much he sounded like Bucky.

"Yeah fuck you too. Go get you things and get out! I'm done with this." Tony says his voice cracking in different places.

"Tony..."

"I...hate you. So leave." His voice was stern but his facial expressions gave away how hurt he was.

"Ok..."

And that was it he was gone. He was gone and not to long after they were divorced, and not to long after that Steve and Bucky were married.

And Tony, Tony still didn't understand why.

Hi guys! I'm a fly guy! So turns out stony is so much easier to write about the stucky!