No Matter What

Summary- Tony and Steve have been dating for a while, not being far enough into the relationship to have physical intimences, with Tony not being very comfortable. But Steve didn't understand, the reason being was because Tony was hiding something, that was nothing more then a shimer of light.

Requested by: 2stephanie2

Thank you so much for the idea.

***
It had been four months, four months since Steve Rogers and Tony Stark fell In love. Four months since the night Tony drunkenly kissed Steve while he was sitting in the kitchen counter, and Steve kissed back.

Four months since Steve became a constant part in Tony's life.

Their relationship, was one of the bestest most perfectest relationships ever.

Steve changed Tony alot, he changed him for the better. He made him happy, with that the team couldn't be more thankful for. Steve was Tony's happy place, when Tony had a bad day, the mere thought of being able to come home to Steve's inviting and open arms, was enough to keep the brunette from breaking down in the middle of the day.

He was Tony's stress reliever, not in a dirty way of course, tony wasn't to keen in letting Steve see his body. Not that he was embarrassed by it or anything. He just didn't want Steve to have to know what he went through.

All he wanted was to be with Steve and be happy. Which was what he had. He had happiness. He loved Steve, God yes he loved Steve.

And Steve, Steve loved tony just the same and if not more.

He didn't care that Tony was shy about Steve seeing his body. Of course he didn't care. He wasn't with him for the sex. He was with him because he loved him.

Tony could make any bad day good again, if Steve was having a bad day, all he had to do was come home, see Tony waiting for him, with that big smile in his face. God it was pure joy!

He loved it.

He loved him.

That's why it broke his heart, the day he had to go to Panama, for a mission. The day he had to tell Tony, he was gonna be gone for a whole 2 weeks.

Now that may not seem like much. Fourteen days wasn't anything compared to what other people had to go through. But for Steve and Tony, fourteen days without each other, was gonna be pure hell.

Steve wouldn't be able to call, he wouldn't be able to FaceTime, or text. He had to go completely undercover, something about a hydra base, having a hideout down the coast. He had to be top secret.

It sucked, fourteen days with no contact, with anyone. But Tony was the only one he cared about, the only one he wanted to bring with him.

So when the day came, and he had to get ready to leave. Tony teared up, a bit. Hell yeah, Tony teared up a bit. He clenched to Steve, wrapping his arm's around the taller man's neck, pulling him closer and just holding him.

Steve didn't wanna leave, he didn't wanna go away from Tony. But he had to, it was his job, he was Captain America.

So he held onto Tony with everything he had, held him in his arm, pulling his body against his own, trying to get as much of Tony imprinted on him that he could.

It wasn't until Fury cleared his throat interrupting the pair. Forcing them to let go of each other. With a wipe of the eyes, and a kiss on the cheek, Steve whispered, "I love you." Causing the other man to tear up even more.

"I love you too, be safe."

And with that in his mind, Steve walked out the door. His heart breaking when he heard the smaller man sniffle.