Bruises

Summary: sometimes, we never forget the ones we once loved.
Tony loved Steve, even after he hurt him.

Not ironman and cap.

They still live in the compound.

Requested by: JessieLaxton
***
2 weeks post breakup

Tony was laying on his bed, not doing much just thinking. A smile  crossed his face when the thought of steve crossed his mind. He decided he would to call him again so he picked up his phone the smile never leaving as he dialed steves number.

It rang and rang, and eventually went to voicemail, steves cheery tone filled Tony's ear and he couldn't help but let his smile grow.

"Hey steve, me again. I was just thinking about that time me and you..." he stoped to let a laugh out. "We shoved clints cake into his face... oh! It was great... anyways... umm call me back i really miss you."

That was one of many voicemails that were deleted as soon as they came through. Steve didn't care. He was happy now that tony was out of his life.

Tony frowned a bit as he sat his phone down, but it didnt deter his mood any. He knew Steve was happy and that made him happy. It had been two weeks since Steve broke up with him, and tony liked to think he was doing fine.

He wasn't. Simple mind tricks was all it was. His friends new how bad steves departure had crushed him. They knew more then tony. Tony claimed that he was perfectly fine.

Again he wasn't...

1 month

Tony was doing... better. He wasn't calling steve as much and he wasn't continually talking about him either.

It was bad the first couple of days. He wouldn't admit to himself that steve leaving was real. He would wake up in the middle of the night hoping to wrap up in Steve's arms. But Steve wasn't there anymore.

Yeah it hurt to leave Tony. But steve knew it was for the best. He had fallen out of love with tony not long after they had started dating. He had never really fallen in love with him. He just felt bad for him, and decided he needed some company.

Tony's heart was broken. But he was doing better. Piece by piece it was getting put back together.

He was going out with his friends again. Nat and Sam would drag him out of his room, and make him eat breakfast with them. Even tho there was a chance of steve joining them. That's probably what made tony do it, the chance of seeing steve again. Bruce and Rodey would drag him down to his lab so he would work on something, anything really. Clint would take him to bars even tho tony stopped drinking when he started dating steve.

Then there was Bucky. Steves bestfriend. The only part of Steve tony had left. Tony had met bucky when he started dating steve. They became great friends... Bucky helped Tony through the breakup. Which was weird considering Bucky would come straight from steves if tony needed him.

He always smelt like steve.

3 months

They were all sitting in the commons area. Nat with bruce, clint with sam... Steve with...

Didn't matter.

Tony was in the floor in front of sams feet, while all the couches were occupied. He had a bowl of popcorn in his lap that he would occasionally lift up when sam wanted some.

They were watching jaws, a classic movie that they all, including steve, had seen. It wasnt unusual for steve to join in on movie night. He did live in the compound.

It also wasnt unusual for him to be found wrapped up in a certain brunettes arms.

Lets just say... Tony and Bucky wernt friends anymore.

Tony was keeping to himself, mostly because steve and Bucky wasn't. He would occasionally glance over and see them kissing. And his stomach would churn.

That was his stevie...

3 months 2 weeks

Tony was laying on the couch laughing at something Nat had said. She crinkled her nose and a little snort came out. Tony smiled and without thinking said, "Steve used to do that."

Natasha stopped laughing and looked over at tony with a look of sympathy mixed with pity.

"Tony..." she said quietly sitting up a bit in her seat. "Sweetheart listen... you need to forget about steve..." she tells him and his eye brows furrow.

"Didn't realise i said anything about him." He mumbles taking a bite of his ice cream. He wasn't aware he said anything remotely close to steve. He doesn't remember saying anything.

Natahsa frowned and copied tonys action, taking a bite of her own icecream.

"Tony..."

"Im gonna get him back nat." Tony defended scoffing as he tossed his spoon into his bowl. "You'll see."

6 months

Steve had moved out, and into an apartment with Bucky. The news came to Tony when he saw him carrying boxes out.

"Steve?" He questioned crossing his arms, "where you going?" He asked watching steve struggle with a box. Steve let out a frustrated grunt and situated the box in his arms.

"We're moving out." He explained almost dropping the box.  "Babe what's in this box?" He asked Bucky who was carrying his own box from the room.

Babe. Tony's jaw clenched at the nickname that in one point in time was his. He felt tears burn in his eyes as he tunred around walking away from the conversation.

He was finnaly glad Steve was leaving.

Boom. Its been 20 days since a real update because im a lazy piece of garbage.

Anyways... if i have missed any of your requests, just message me.