11. the helicopter

C H A P T E R  11

❛ the helicopter ❜

QUINN

    THE LIGHT WAS LIKE FIRE TO HER EYES. It burned and made her want to scream but all she could really do was lay completely still, shut the whole world out and pretend it was safe enough for her to close her eyes. If only for just a minute.

A hand landed on her shoulder and still she didn't open her eyes, her entire body shivering from the fever that had been playing with her for a week now.

'Quinn, you have to drink something,' Andrea spoke softly.

She didn't react, scared that even the tiniest of movements would set her whole body ablaze with a fire of never ending pain.

'Michonne went to find some medicine, she'll be back soon,' Andrea said.

She'd been with them ever since they saved her life in the forest and it turned out to be a great choice to let her stay. Andrea was great with a gun and picked up some survival skills from the group she used to be with. She'd told her two new companions a lot about them. So much that it drove Quinn insane at times but when she saw with how much respect and love Andrea talked about them she couldn't help but feel slightly jealous. She never had friends like that, people she could trust, except for her brother she had always been alone.

Andrea was very different compared to both Michonne and Quinn. Whereas the samurai and the drug addict were quiet and preferred to keep their secrets to themselves, Andrea was an open book, anxiously waiting to be read. Funny enough it worked. Andrea carried a spark within her that held their weird bond together. Quinn was never able to pinpoint exactly what it was about Andrea that made her warm up to her so easily, it had just...happened.