30. the devil beside you

 the devil beside you

QUINN

     'SO, YOU'RE SAYING DARYL ISN'T HOT?' MILO raised his eyebrows.

'I'm not saying he isn't, I'm saying it doesn't matter,' Quinn replied, staring at Milo as he stared back at her with a smirk on his lips

'So, you do think he's hot?' Milo asked again, a teasing smile on his face.

'I suppose,' Quinn said, earning a roll of his eyes, making her sigh. 'Alright I think he's hot. That what you wanted to hear?'

'Yes, thank you,' he said, slamming his hands down on his knees.

'You and your hormones, this isn't exactly the time to go looking for a boyfriend, Milo,' Quinn sighed.

'Oh, I think it's the perfect time,' he told her, a smile on his lips. 'I haven't had myself a fine piece of man for years.'

'Stop it, please,' Quinn said, putting her hand on his shoulder and pushing him away. He let himself be pushed over, falling on his side, a chuckle escaping his lips.

Milo and Quinn had been sitting in the guardtower all night. They were suppose to keep watch, which sounded pretty exciting but turned out to be very boring.

It was early in the morning. Rick, Daryl and Hershel had just left for a meeting with the Governor. Quinn suspected it to be set up by Andrea because knowing the Governor, there was no way he would want to talk. But it was their last chance at settling this without an all out war. The least they could do was try.

Her expression must have changed thinking about it because Milo sat up straight, frowning at her.

'We're gonna be just fine,' he said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

'I hope so,' she replied, leaning her head against his arm.

She stared out over the field, watching the line of trees where the forest began. Last night she had told her brother everything that happened since he went to prison and since, well, the world ended. And he in return had told her everything he had gone through. They knew everything about each other again, just like when they were kids. And yet he still felt like a stranger to her. So much had happened and they hadn't experienced it together. Telling each other about it wasn't the same as actually living it together.

'Quinn! Milo!' Glenn's voice cut through the air. 'Shift's over!'

'We're coming,' Milo yelled back at him but he had already disappeared back inside.