21. reunited

C H A P T E R  2 1

❛ reunited ❜

QUINN

     SHE TURNED AROUND AND THE WORLD SEEMED TO slow down around her. Her heart was beating loudly in her ears and breathing suddenly became an impossible task. When she had fully turned and her eyes landed on the sight before her, she had to bite her tongue to stop the tears that had gathered in her eyes from falling down.

There he stood, only a few feet away from her. Two guys were behind him but she didn't pay them any attention. Instead her eyes scanned every detail of his face, taking in all the new things that had settled there since the last time she saw him. He seemed tired, dark circles painted under his eyes but he was okay. There were no scars, or wounds, none visible anyway.

'Quinn?' His voice echoed through the grim place once again as a small smile formed on his features.

And that was all she needed to leap forwards, her feet carried her across the room in a matter of seconds before stumbling into his arms. She couldn't stop the tears that fell down her cheeks even if she wanted to. All the doubt, all the fear of the past few months came rushing to her all at once as she held onto him as tightly as she could. She sobbed into his shoulder, hearing his shaky breath as he wrapped his arms around her.

He was alive. Her brother was alive.

She untangled herself from his grasp, quickly wiping her tears away as she felt herself smiling. A real, honest smile, the first one in a long time and it felt so good. Her chest felt like it was glowing and she was smiling. It wasn't something she had ever expected to be able to do again.