79. figure it out

79. figure it out

 figure it out

QUINN

     THE WATERY MORNING SUN SHONE THROUGH the trees, its light already warming her. She could tell it was gonna be a hot day, but what else was new. The sound of birds chirping echoed through the air, along with the distant growling of a walker.

'I don't see it, but it's close,' Daryl commented, looking around the white cabin they were gathered at for the source of the ugly snarling, 'There's just one of 'em.'

'We won't be here long,' Rick replied, making Quinn turn to look at him. She still thought he looked absolutely ridiculous in the police suit Deanna had given him. But he was their constable now and so he had to wear it. Still, it looked more like a Halloween costume in her eyes then something to take seriously. 'So what do you think?'

'We can go in when it's empty,' Carol spoke up immediately. It was clear she'd been thinking about this before Rick told the three of them to meet him here in the woods. He wanted to have a plan for when things went south. Even though he was playing constable, he wasn't trusting these people yet. And Quinn agreed with him completely. These people were stupid and naive, which was going to get them killed if they weren't careful. Having a plan to take over was an absolute necessity in her eyes.

The only thing that slightly bothered her was the fact that Milo probably wouldn't agree if she were to tell him. They hadn't even been here for two days and he was already placing his life in these people their hands. He was already working towards a better future for all of them. A small part of her envied his open mind and kind heart but mostly she knew that causion was key, and placing your trust in the wrong people could end up with your death.

'How's that? It's locked up at night,' Rick replied to the woman, taking Quinn out of her thoughts.

'The window,' Carol explained, 'there's just a latch. I can leave it open.'

'A latch?' Quinn questioned, frowning. That plan sounded to simple to be true.

'What if one of those pricks shuts it?' Daryl weighed in.

'Wait a couple of says, leave it open again,' Carol said. She seemed to be pretty sure that this was the way to go.

Before any of them could reply to her a loud snarl echoed through the forest, silencing the birds that had been singing.