61. an eye for an eye

 an eye for an eye

MILO

     'THEY THINK THEY'RE IN CONTROL,' Rick finished explaining his plan. 'We're in here and they could be anywhere. But we know exactly where they are.'

A short silence fell in which everyone focused on checking their weapons to not face the horrible next hours that were waiting for them.

'Plan's got stones, I'll give you that,' Abraham told him.

'Make our move before they do,' Glenn said, as if having to convince himself it was truly a good idea.

'That's right,' Rick agreed. 'They're not counting on us thinking straight.'

'Are we?' Rosita questioned, making everyone turn to look at her. 'I'm just making sure. It's a big play,' she explained, shrugging.

Rick stood up from his seat. 'Remember what these people are capable of.'

And that reminder seemed to convince everyone that this was indeed the right thing to do. Milo didn't like to admit it, but he was ready to do this, he was ready to kill because he would do anything to protect his family.

'Tyreese?' Rick questioned, turning to look at the man. 'You up for this?'

Before he could respond however, Sasha came walking out of Gabriel's office, her features determined. 'I'm going with you,' she spoke, her voice no longer trembling.

'You should stay with Bob,' Tyreese whispered, looking at his sister as if she could fall apart at any given moment.

'No,' she replied, 'I want to be out there. I want to be a part of this.' Then she turned around to walk inside the office again, probably to get her weapon.

Tyreese stood up from his chair and followed her inside while the others continued loading up on ammo and weapons.

Milo looked checked his gun one last time before placing it in the holster attached to his belt. He had hidden a knife in his boot just in case and held his axe firmly in his hand. A shaky breath left his lips as he stared at the many weapons. Even though he was sure of this, it still felt wrong to agree with it. They were going to kill people, end lives and no matter what horrible things they'd done, it shouldn't be this easy. Yet it was, and that was what scared him.