98. parting glass

Miss me when I'm gone, do ya? "

98. parting glass

 parting glass

QUINN

     SHE WOKE WITH TWO STRONG ARMS wrapped around her, forming a warm fort of comfort. Light came streaming through the crack in the curtains, bathing the room in a golden glow that she had come to associate with home. A content smile appeared on her face as she snuggled closer against Daryl's chest and closed her eyes again, hoping to sink back into the blissful nothingness of sleep.

'Mornin',' Daryl mumbled with his heavy morning voice.

'Shh, I'm asleep,' she replied.

A scoff vibrated through his chest and the sound sent shivers down her spine. But he didn't speak again and instead pulled her closer, burying his head in her hair and peaceful silence returned to the room.

Two weeks had passed since the attack on the satellite station. Quinn had tried her hardest to ban that night out of her head, all of it. Murdering those men while they slept, the gruesome pictures on the wall, getting shot, seeing her father again...The first night after it happened she'd woken up in the middle of night, bathing in sweat and fear making her heart race. It had been a while since she suffered from nightmares, but seeing her father had brought back memories she'd spent years trying to forget. She'd been too scared to go back to sleep and so did the only thing she could think of at that moment. She left the house and made her way to the house next door where Daryl had his room. He was still awake when she entered but hadn't asked any questions when she crawled into his bed, probably because of the fresh tears still streaming down her face. And only in his arms had she been able to fall asleep again.