15. ripped away

C H A P T E R  1 5

❛ ripped away ❜

MILO

     C BLOCK WAS EMPTY WHEN THEY ENTERED IT, empty of living bodies anyway. There were several walkers stumbling around. Rick ran towards a group of three of them, using his axe to cut them down with a ferocity that betrayed his despair at the situation. Meanwhile Daryl took care of another one while Milo stood by and felt utterly useless since he didn't have a weapon.

'Lori!' Rick called out, his cry leaving an eerie echo in the empty cell block. 'Carl!'

His screams were a pain to listen to, filled with an anxious fear of the whereabouts of who Milo assumed to be his wife and son. Empty silence was all that greeted him, only adding fuel to his despair.

'There's no sign of them,' Rick said, walking around aimlessly.

'They must've been pushed back into the prison,' the asian kid pointed out.

'Somebody is playing games!' Rick screamed, seeming as though he could've burned down the entire world in that moment to find his wife and kid. Finally though he managed to pull himself together enough to devise a plan. 'We'll split up and look for the others. Whoever gets to the generators first, shut them down!'

With those orders clear in their minds they ran into the dark tombs of the prison.

For a moment all Milo could hear was his own panicked breathing, blinded by the sudden darkness. He tried his hardest to keep up with Rick's quick footsteps while slowly his eyes adjusted to the dark and his surroundings came back to him.