18. separated

C H A P T E R  1 8

❛ separated ❜

QUINN

     SHE WAS SEATED ON HER BED, LEGS FOLDED BENEATH HER and eyes focused on the book opened in her lap. After finally managing to get her breakfast yesterday she'd returned to the library and picked out a book to read. While Andrea was trying to make up her mind of whether or not she wanted to stay, Quinn had decided she had better things to do than be mad about it. And so she allowed herself a moment of peace and decided to dive into a book again.

For a moment she had seriously considered reading the Bible, if only to have more means of making fun of Merle but finally she'd settled on a copy of The Lord of the Rings. The series had always been a favorite of hers as a child and as she got lost into the story once again it wasn't hard to imagine why. If only the world ending had turned people into Hobbits instead of walking corpses...

Her peace was abruptly disturbed however when Michonne entered the room, all but throwing the door wide open. Quinn jumped back, startled and then frowned when she noticed the sword in her hand. 'What did you do?' She muttered.

Michonne sat down on her bed and reached behind her back. She held out a belt filled with four chinese ring daggers attached. Quinn basically leaped off the bed, eagerly taking a hold of her beloved weapons. Carefully she took all of them out of their sheats to examine them. As far as she could tell the blades appeared unharmed and in the same state they were when she came here. She couldn't help the small smile forming on her lips. Never could she have imagined she'd come to care so much for a weapon. But they had become a symbol, a sign that she could take care of herself and fight for what she cared about. Something she had never been able to do before...