28. supply run

28. supply run

 supply run

QUINN

     LEANING AGAINST THE WINDOW OF THE CAR she stared at the landscape that passed them by. Michonne was behind the wheel with Rick next to her and Quinn in the back with Carl on her right.

She knew Rick had taken her and Michonne with him because he was testing them, trying to see if he could truly trust them. She didn't mind. There was enough tension in the air with the Governor and so she was more than willing to get rid of the tension between her and the rest of the prison's group.

The world passed them in colors of green and brown as the car drove down the road. A small frown appeared on her face however as orange flashed by her eyes. Turning around in her seat she saw a man running on the side of the road carrying a bright orange backpack around his shoulders. He was waving his arms around, desperately trying to get their attention. But Michonne didn't stop the car and Rick didn't tell her to stop either.

Inhaling sharply Quinn turned to look forwards again. It was weird how the world ending made most people turn into cold versions of themselves but when it came down to her, she only seemed to start caring more. People their problems had never bothered her. She only cared about herself and her brother but the end of the world had given her only more people to care about. And she didn't know if that made her happy, or worried.

Finally Rick told them to stop on an empty road, near the entrance of a town that seemed completely abandoned. Stepping out of the car she rubbed her sore shoulders before walking after Rick.

The first place they entered was the police station and Quinn couldn't help but feel like Rick knew the place as he walked towards the weapon room immediately. Sadly, it was empty. The man let out a frustrated sigh as he kicked against the wall.

'Got any other police stations in town?' Michonne asked.

'I was the police here,' Rick said. 'Me and a few other guys. It ain't a big town.'

Quinn nodded slowly, that actually made sense. She let her eyes wonder over the ground to see if she could find anything useful but even the smallest box had been cleared of bullets.

Rick sighed before rubbing his forehead. 'There's other places to check. May not have as many guns as there were in here but-'

'We need as many guns as were in here, ammo too,' Michonne finished.